Corby Spirit and Wine Limited
Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Corby’s portfolio of owned-brands includes some of the most renowned brands in Canada, including Wiser's Canadian Whisky, Lamb's Rum and Polar Ice Vodka. Through its affiliation with Pernod Ricard S.A., Corby also represents leading international brands such as ABSOLUT Vodka, Chivas Regal, Glenlivet, Ballantine’s Scotch Whiskies, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Beefeater Gin, Malibu Rum, Kahlua Liqueur, Mumm Champagne, Jacob's Creek, Wyndham Estate and Stoneleigh wines. An overview of the entire Corby portfolio shows over 5,000,000 cases sold annually, with Corby being a significant importer of wines and having an approximate 21 percent market share of spirit sales in Canada.
Why work at Corby? Because we are a great place to work! And we’re not the only ones who think so. Corby was named one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for 7 years by The Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, based on employee survey results and an audit of workplace excellence and people management practices.
We are looking for a passionate and independent people person to help us promote Luxury Brands in Quebec and Ontario. Embodying our Luxury Brands, you will play a crucial role in increasing the impact and elevating the visibility in key bars and restaurants.
Based in Quebec, but additionally responsible for Ontario, you will assist in the quest to strengthen the relevance of our Luxury Brands. You will be responsible for conducting training sessions for bartenders, executing consumer samplings and organizing and hosting events for key business partners, media and consumer influencers.
The role is highly proactive. You are expected to continuously identify opportunities for your brand and act in close collaboration with the brand and sales team.
Let us know if you’re up for the challenge!
- Build brand love with consumers and bartenders with the goal to increase sales
- Conduct training/tastings in bars and restaurants to support back bar listings and achieve menu placements
- Initiate, coordinate and host engaging events focused on brand and product attributes for consumers, customers and media
- Make Luxury drinks come alive in bars, restaurants and events
- Build and manage strong relationships “in real life” and in social media
- Build relationships with key local media
- Exclusively promote Luxury Brands at all times
- Evaluate and report success stories, challenges and offer ideas for improvement to the greater team
- Submit activity reports and tracking documents on a monthly basis
- Manage budget and reconcile expenditures on an on-going basis
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Support brand and sales teams
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for the spirits industry
- Charismatic and engages individuals / groups with confident, professional demeanor
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High energy level with ability to take initiative
- Strong relationship building skills
- Organized, attention to detail
- Comfortable negotiating
- Customer service oriented
- Savvy with social media
- Must have a valid drivers license and access to a vehicle (travel required)
- Must be fluent in English
- Understanding of provincial liquor and promotional laws
Education & Experience (Required and Preferred):
- Cocktail creation experience is an asset
- Sales experience an asset
- Strongly engaged in social media
- Public speaking experience an asset
- Post secondary education – completed or in progress
- Education in spirits industry an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Corby Spirit and Wine Ltd is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at Accessibilty.Canada@pernod-ricard.com
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto