About The Position
The Key Account Manager serves as a dedicated portfolio resource in Southern CA. The KAM will develop the Caledonia Spirits portfolio through driving new points of distribution and increasing velocity at accounts within the territory.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Key Account Manager (KAM) serves as a dedicated portfolio resource in Southern CA. The KAM will focus on developing the Caledonia Spirits portfolio through driving new points of distribution and increasing velocity at accounts within the territory. This role will work closely with our distributor partners to achieve depletion and distribution goals. The KAM will work with the Regional Director in the development of the local sales plan and then manage and oversee its implementation and execution.
The Key Account Manager position requires a driven, passionate and committed sales professional with a proven track record of cultivating industry relationships and working well in fast-paced, collaborative environments. The Key Account Manager must be able to recognize and communicate the passion and enthusiasm that begins at the distillery, understand our product’s distinct characteristics, and communicate this to customers and distributors in an honest and authentic way.
Founded by a beekeeper, Caledonia Spirits was built on a vision to connect cocktail culture to agriculture. We are passionate about the spirits we produce, including Barr Hill Gin, America’s Most Awarded Gin. Our work is fueled by the values of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and continuous learning.
At Caledonia Spirits we believe diversity makes us better. For us, it is not just about being an Equal Opportunity Employer, which we are proud to be. It is about inviting different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives to our work; and making conscious efforts to reach out to candidates who can bring different ideas and perspectives to what we do and create together.
We invite passionate people, committed to excellence, to join our team. We welcome applicants of all races, religions, colors, national origins or places of birth, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, and abilities. We welcome those who have served our country. We invite you to make our team richer and better.
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions of the position, but do not restrict the assignment of additional tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible for the delivery of sales depletion and revenue targets in assigned territory and defined key account universe
- Responsible for tracking local program budgets and managing assigned Travel & Entertainment (T&E) budget
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director to develop and implement sales programs and manage the execution through assigned the distributor partner
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts, including initiating new relationships with these accounts for Caledonia Spirits
- Accountable for achieving focused KPI’s and the completion of evaluations to measure
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director to develop, localize, and execute 4 quarters of programming at all times that is aligned with the National Sales Plan and Strategy
- Implementation of localized quarterly programs within the market of responsibility at all tiers of distribution
- Drive strategic growth and market penetration through the development of new accounts and placements and through maintaining and growing existing accounts – including managing relationships with assigned National and Regional account groups
- Participate in strategic planning with the Regional Sales Director and local distributor
- Forge and sustain successful, strategic relationships with distributors, buyers and managers to promote the interests of the company
- Provide market trend knowledge and relevant data to the Regional Sales Director
- Manage distributor and customer inquiries and concerns, responding directly or facilitating response, as necessary/appropriate
- Provide brand and category education to the distributor partner, key accounts, and consumers through; presenting at general sales meetings, tastings, dinners, mixology, & digital/online consumer and trade engagement
- Represent the company in alignment with the brand and company values
- Attend trainings, team meetings, market blitzes, and other company-sponsored events as scheduled (physical presence required)
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary customer and company information
- Complete other projects and perform other duties in support of the company goals and objectives, as requested
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field of study preferred, with 3+ years of experience in sales, and experience in the premium and/or super premium spirits business.
If you are interested in applying for our Key Account Manager, Southern California role, please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. For more company information, please visit our website at www.caledoniaspirits.com