Beverage Confidential Company
OtherView Full Profile
About The Position
Position Scope and Function:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new points of distribution and building sales within the Eastern States Region. This will include securing wine list and by the glass placements in the on - premise multi-unit, resort, hotel, and independent channel, and establishing and expanding points of distribution in retail liquor chains, and independent accounts. The manager is also responsible for working closely with assigned distributor sales, merchandising, and management to achieve brand distribution and depletion goals.
• Call on accounts in both on and off premise channels with distributor sales teams and managers and independently to build customers relationships, expand brand distribution, develop new sales opportunities, and present promotional plans.
• Maintain active analysis of area to identify market, wine, varietal trends.
• Develop and implement creative brand plans and sales programs for each market within assigned territory which will enhance the trade and distributor’s ability to take advantage of consumer trends, and to ensure the long – term strategic brand growth and development.
• Ensure that portfolio pricing integrity is upheld and implemented per brand standards.
• Develop target list of specific accounts by each channel with distributors and independently and work with distributor to achieve distribution goals.
• Secure distributor commitment on executing portfolio brand plans for each channel.
• Participate in trade and consumer tasting events.
• Achieve personal target account goals.
• Effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with distributors and brokers
• Monitor and measure performance of distributors within the Eastern Region
• Collaborates with National Sales & Marketing Manager on the strategic development of all programs delivered to the distributor
• Negotiate and Manage distributor investment and support
• Manage the implementation of each state / region business plan with all distributors
• Consistently educate, mentor, and motivate distributor management and sales team members on brand strategies and opportunities.
PLANNING AND ANALYSIS:
• Develop a Business Plan for Growth for the East Region
• Communicate any necessary remedial or growth action plan necessary for achieving goals in the region
• Manage the resource allocation and budget process for brand support in the region
• Review and develop best pricing / positioning for brands within each territory of the region
• Managing, Educating, Coaching, Critiquing, and Developing Direct Reports within region
• Exceptional influencing and negotiating skills
• Outstanding Communication skills
• Managing relationships at all levels (Internal and External)
• Exceptional Listening skills
• Strong Organizational skills
- Analyze relevant data
- Ability to identify problems and opportunities
- Utilize critical thinking
- Generate alternatives to problems and select appropriate solutions.
- Recognize opportunities
o Ability to operate with a high level of energy focused on results
o Develops and communicates methods for monitoring performance against objectives
o Demonstrated ability to work on projects towards achieving goals and objectives
o Ability to influence others through written, oral, or interpersonal communication towards desired outcomes
o Creative development of ‘out of the box’ ideas which can capture attention and achieve new growth Leadership Capabilities
o Ability to effectively manage distributor implementation of brand plan o Utilizing necessary social and selling styles to develop strong relationships with supply chain customers Financial Acumen
o Ability to interpret financial information
o Utilize financial resources to maximize sales growth within budget
o Monitor and manage all budgets for region brand plan
o Demonstrated understanding of:
- Distributor management
- Supply Chain customer process
- Wholesale and Retail Price Development Excellent Communication
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas to others in an understandable manner
- Ability to comprehend and understand new information
- Acting as spokesperson / educator at trade and consumer events
- Reports To National Sales Director