Bently Heritage Estate Distillery
Production and Manufacturing and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
*Must be already located in San Francisco, CA area and willing to travel as necessary.
The Market Manager is responsible for achieving and exceeding sales goals for Bently Heritage Estate Distillery in the San Francisco area market. The Market Manager will report to the State Manager and work closely with BHED Marketing team, and our distributor partners; calling on key accounts and driving distributor sales, monitoring pricing, adhering to budgets, and monitoring distributor inventory. They will represent Bently Heritage Estate Distillery brands to our distributor partners and viable targeted account customers. Identify and generate sales opportunities, build and increase account customer awareness and preferences for BHED brand. This role will work directly with their respective state manager and distributors in order to achieve and exceed sales goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conduct business with the highest level of integrity.
- Identify viable account universe for both On and Off Premise including Regional and National accounts
- Secure, achieve and exceed sales and distribution goals in the viable accounts universe.
- Educate, engage, guide and assist distributor management and sales teams to communicate brand strategy and vision, establish, support and execute all programs and initiatives.
- Schedule account calls on their own and workwiths“account calls” with distributor representatives, conduct distributor sales team meetings, and attend trade shows as needed.
- Conduct on and off-premise staff training in targeted accounts, samplings, merchandising and drink features/specials.
- Identify, communicate, and support potential BHED brand event opportunities with BHED Marketing team.
- Support and activate education of BHED brands with bartenders, off-premise sale associates, and consumers.
- Coordinate with distributor partners to ensure follow up on orders -- “inspect what you expect”
- Perform all other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by your State manager and BHED.
- Maintain and execute against BHED Sales and marketing calendar.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and adhere to respective state compliance and liquor laws
- Understand and communicate to retail trade, distributors, and consumers the rich BHED history and our product line of ultra-premium spirit brands.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations to our company as well as existing and potential customers.
- Represent Bently Heritage Estate Distillery at Trade and Consumer Events
- Report on previous months successes with a market report due by 3rdday of each month.
- Provide a flash report of sales and accounts sold each month to your State Manager
- Complete expense reports in a timely manner and stays within the yearly expense budget.
- Track and provide a report of sales successes and account activity to weekly report all sales and account activity to State Manager on weekly basis via an established report, log account calls, events, meetings, staff training, tastings, etc.
- Participate in bi-weekly conference calls as needed by your direct report and BHED
- Perform all other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by your direct report and BHED
Special Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to meet company’s insurance requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working in the beverage alcohol sales and distributor management, working for a supplier or distributor; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior sales experience is required.
- Competent knowledge of personal computers and peripherals, word processing and spreadsheet software, e-mail and the Internet.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Available for work weekends and evenings, as necessary.
- Must possess knowledge of the spirits industry. Mixology experience a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently for meetings, market visits, and presentations.
- Proven ability to close deals, persuasive public-speaking, and presentation skills.
- Will practice and understand respective state compliance and liquor laws.
- Strong business-related writing and math skills with full knowledge distributor pricing models.
- Must be familiar with the overall market and be able to establish working relationships with distributors, key accounts including the chain market, on and off premise.
- Goal oriented with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals, distribution objectives, increasing case volumes, developing relationships, creating programs, launching new products, growing the new and existing business and managing business profitability.
- A team player and can effectively utilize the resources provided by the team/company.
- Communicate effectively in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to visitors, vendors, clients, tenants, and other employees of the company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong decision-making ability.
What you'll love about working here:
- You will have the opportunity to work primarily remotely.
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and will work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching, and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
- Bently Enterprises offers a compensation package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, gym membership, 401(k) and a competitive salary.
To learn more about the Bently family of companies, please visit the Bently Enterprises website.
Similar jobs to check out:
Market Manager- San Francisco
Cinco Spirits Group LLC • San Francisco, CA
Responsible for building relationships with key on and off premise accounts, with an emphasis in the on premise. Utilize sales skills to implement strategic objectives at the account level and form partnerships with distributor teams.
Area Sales Manager – San Francisco, CA
Ugly Drinks • San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an Area Sales Manager to join our team in San Francisco, CA and help us to build Ugly!
Market Manager - San Francisco - Patrón
The Patrón Spirits Company- A Bacardi USA Company • San Francisco, CA
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your dedicated territory. You will be driving the performance and growth of Patrón’s brands within...
- Reports To State Sales Manager - CA