Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Distillery Operator 2nd ShiftWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Opportunity to work for the World's Best Bourbon Company.Role Responsibilities
- Operate all yeast, mashing, and fermenting operations
- Operate two (2) complete distilling operations simultaneously
- Operate all peripheral systems including but not limited to slop, water, and cooling water systems
- Monitor computers and gauges and adjust the process accordingly.
- Inspect and maintain all baghouses.
- Understand and operate all programming systems including but not limited to In- Batch and manual operations.
- Follow and maintain all sterilizing procedures.
- Follow all safety precautions when using chemicals including but not limited to caustic, citric, and chelated caustic.
- Use freeze protection procedures when necessary.
- Perform normal and emergency startup/shutdown of all equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Report all spills to a member of management immediately
- Complete all Distillery duties as directed by Management.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment focusing on continuous improvement opportunities.
- The Distillery Department operates 24/7; must be prepared to work any shift to support your area.
- Overtime required, holiday work and weekends.
- Ability to be certified for your department (if applicable)
- Sanitation duties to keep working area clean and organized always.
- Safety is everyone's responsibility: Identify risks and report violations, near misses or injuries immediately
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of GMP's, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Average to above average attendance and performance/safety records
- Bennet Mechanical: 50% minimum
- Predictive Index (PI) Survey
- Valid driver's license (if applicable)
- Must have ability to perform math functions
- Display a team work attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and comprehend English with understanding as it relates to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Lift 40 lbs. on a constant basis and 60 lbs. on an occasional basis, from floor to shoulder height. When situations arise where you are required to lift more than 50 lbs., It is recommended you use any Company provided equipment that your are qualified to operate, or the lift should be performed by two employees.
- Climb a minimum of two flights of stairs in succession
- Able to bend and stoop.
- Must be respirator fit tested and the ability to perform Confined Space Entry.
- Must be able to work in extremely hot, cold and dusty conditions.
- Ability to report to work and stay for duration of the day.
- Have acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception. Have acceptable (or corrected) hearing.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.