Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.AP AnalystWhat makes this a great opportunity?
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Analyst ensures and supports Beam Suntory controlled procure to pay operating procedures, invoice processing and account reconciliation, along with continually seeks ways to improve process efficiency and identify cost savings opportunities. The A/P Analyst will support North America entities with some international directives, including project support. The Analyst will work closely with the GBS PTP Manager, A/P Supervisor and our team of A/P Analyst to identify process improvements, along with supporting cross-functional teams.
- Flexibility to improve and develop processes
- Advancement opportunities
- Gain experience in a company with global presence
- Exposure to different aspects of the Procure to Pay functions (Procurement, Payables, & Treasury)
- Working with a broad range of internal and external customers
- Gain experience working with SAP, Readsoft, HANA and Concur
Qualifications & Experience
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoice to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into SAP.
- Establish updated and robust vendor profiles and monitor accounts for accurate and guaranteed payment, including monthly accounts payable journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Communicate with vendors and internal customers to meet invoice processing requirements
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Support team with account reconciliation for vendor and payables; resolve and identify errors in posting and incorrect accounting practices.
- Individual must be able to manage daily/weekly/monthly reporting metrics as well as adhoc reporting needs
- Support PTP projects and improvements within GBS and cross functionally.
- Support PTP training and develop desk procedures and training material as necessary to support the business
- Develop strong partnerships to our internal and external customers/vendors.
- Strong connection between local, corporate and global accounts and functions.
- Act as a key resource for internal and external audit requirements and request.
- Perform other duties as required to support PTP.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Procurement with 1 - 3 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of SAP, a plus
- Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team oriented
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail
- Customer focus, good judgment
- High integrity and self-motivated
- Excellent problem resolution and diplomacy skills; able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.