Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
The position of Casa BACARDÍ Puerto Rico Assistant General Manager (AGM) is a senior role which oversees the daily operation of the BACARDÍ premium rum brand home, a customer-facing educational and entertainment attraction and retail service business which is expected to receive over 150,000 visitors annually, with ambitious growth plans.
The Operations Manager will be the key to all on-site activity and daily operations. These will include setting up all systems to run the Visitor Center, implementing /testing them and running them from a day to day process. The role will require interaction within a senior management team, but with a focus for onsite operations. The right candidate needs to confidently “own” the operations of the brand home. In the absence of the brand home General Manager, the Operations Manager will cover the additional duties/responsibilities, leading the site, overseeing Sales and Marketing activities and be the single point of contact, managing relationship with BACARDÍ Brand team and Bacardi corporate team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee daily Visitor Center operations, including all aspects of visit: experiential, operational, retail, bar, finance and supporting IT systems.
- Responsible for the smooth operational management of the site ensuring the highest possible standards of service, security, cleanliness and appearance throughout the attraction – to a quality befitting the brand standards.
- Ensure all departments are working together to provide a smooth and efficient operation for all visitors, employees and other stakeholders.
- Ensure visitor satisfaction is maintained at the highest possible level, by ensuring that the experience includes high quality, efficient, courteous and helpful service to visitors and customers in all areas.
- Handle all staff training and customer service expectations, including training system and maintaining quality levels required.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the key importance of excellence in customer experience and hospitality.
- Maintain a strong TripAdvisor minimum score of 4.5.
- Understand and incorporate leading edge technologies as part of the experience.
- Ongoing development, implementation and oversight of all operational systems for the Visitor Center.
- Lead staff to deliver an engaging visitor experience based on an understanding of the key audiences that visit Casa BACARDÍ now and in the future, and develop a deep affinity with the brand home in them.
- Directly responsible for Team Leaders & MODs (each with a different core focus), and their associated staff.
- Manage the MOD Manager on Duty team, supervise production of the daily rundown, and ensure that adequate staff are available to oversee the smooth and safe operation of the brand home at all times.
- Ensure all staff are ‘on brand’ i.e. clean, tidy and wearing correct full uniform where applicable and ensure all are portraying the correct public image that is expected of employees and ambassadors of BACARDÍ.
- Responsible for the recruitment, on boarding, motivation, training and appraisal of members of the Visitor Center team.
- Ensure that onboarding and training programs are in place to enable staff to complete their jobs properly.
- When necessary (and approved by HR and line manager), to carry out disciplinary measures within company guidelines and those of appropriate employment legislation.
- Work with the Admin and HR team to ensure that accurate staff records are kept up to date.
- Ensure that the site is ready for business prior to opening before the required time. Checking all public and staff areas and taking appropriate action that is required to ensure both public and staff safety.
- Monitor and assess the smooth operation of the Visitor Center parking, access, lighting, responsible use and general upkeep.
- Oversee and be ready to react to general emergencies, first aid, fire and intruder alarms, liaise with emergency services as required.
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the site by conducting regular floor and site wide Visitor Center checks.
- Deal with customer complaints and ensure that a positive image of BACARDÍ remains.
- Develop opportunities for recycling waste and the use of sustainable material and generally operating in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Responsible for the provision and the supervision of stringent operational systems required to ensure an efficient, safe and profitable operation of the business.
- Responsible for the development, the application and adherence to all policies and procedures contained with the site Operations Manual.
- Responsible for all stock on-site, and systems of management thereof.
- Ensure that all areas are adequately staffed and appropriate to the time of year/day/week, liaising with the appropriate manager/supervisor as required.
- Remain on site or be contactable throughout the MOD shift, liaising with other managers in the event of unavoidable departure.
- To deal with emergencies which fall outside normal working hours, where the AGM will be expected to be on call.
- Responsible for ensuring that each employee is treated in a fair and just manner, and the welfare of all staff.
- Ensure that all areas of the Visitor Center, property and money are secured correctly and safely.
- Financial Management of operating budget, including tracking & monitoring, and reporting to the General Manager regularly, as well as monthly site reporting.
- Responsible for the operation of effective cost control measures and to ensure the maximum profitability from all sources of income – tour admissions, shop, events, ticket sales etc.
- Oversee all daily cash and banking responsibilities and systems of accountability (daily floats, safe checks, etc.).
- Work with administrator to handle all weekly and monthly reporting in line with company policy.
- Support the creation of all operational budgets.
- Suggest, develop and implement new onsite revenue driving initiatives.
Compliance and Protection
- Ensure that BACARDÍ Visitor Center complies with all corporate governance and EHS licensing legislation.
- Ensure the Visitor Center operates within internal Bacardi guidelines, and Health & Safety systems/protocol.
- Oversee, and act as a Designated Premises Supervisor for all alcohol sales and sampling, adhering to all legal recommendations by the local authority and upholding Bacardi’s strong stance to the responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety at Work regulations are enforced and that all regulations regarding the safety of the public and staff are adhered to.
- Ensure that any incident is reported to Security and is recorded.
- Ensure that the First Aid Kit is fully stocked.
- Ensure that staff training for fire evacuation takes place in conjunction with EHS.
- Ensure all cleaning materials are stored safely and that all materials are used and stored as accordance to MDSS regulations. Ensure that all MDSS data sheets are on file.
- Ensure that all staff Health and Safety training and recording is kept up to date.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety Policy is read, understood and signed by all members of staff and kept in personnel files.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Disability Discrimination Act are adhered to so that the site and offer is accessible to all.
- Work with HR to ensure that all statutory notices are well sited. (For example, Employers Liability, Fire Notice, OSHA/Health & Safety Policy, First Aid Notices, MDSS etc.)
- Ensure that the current risk assessments are in place and fire certificate stipulations and recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure that all staff are trained to conduct their jobs in a safe manner, which may include the safe use of equipment, storage of materials, protection of vulnerable customers and staff alike.
- Ensure that all relevant certification and documentation is in place and displayed where necessary.
- Ensure the building is maintained in a safe, presentable and well-maintained condition.
- Ensure that all lifesaving equipment is maintained, serviced and tested regularly and actions recorded.
- Oversee the day to day running / operations of the Brand Home, during opening hours, and also out of hours in emergencies or as required.
- In the absence of the brand home General Manager the AGM will cover the additional duties/responsibilities, leading the site, overseeing Sales and Marketing activities and be the single point of contact, managing relationship with BACARDÍ Brand team and Bacardi corporate team.
- Contribute to the ongoing site development plan – assisting with CapEx developments on the ground.
- Represent Casa BACARDI at trade events, local sponsorship/community events and other offsite events requiring presence.
- Contribute to the implementation of the site marketing strategy.
- To assist the other Managers with the organization and smooth operation of any functions or events taking place within the business.
- To build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders of the Company including any agencies with whom we work.
- To do any other reasonable duty as required by the General Manager, in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, including weekends and Holidays.
- Embrace new initiatives and lines of business, driving to profitable implementation
Critical Experiences for Success
- Management experience
- Professional experience working with attractions, events and retail.
- Team supervision and program development experience.
- Effective budget management
- Confident self-starter
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.