Position Open - Posted Wednesday, August 1st 2018
Director of MarketingSan Francisco CA Senior Level Full Time Marketing
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: 40-80
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: CEO
- Number of Reports: 1
About The Position
Start Date: August or September 2018
What it’s all about: This is an opportunity to be the director of marketing in a fast-growing, ambitious company. This person is a thought leader with a creative and strong vision of how to communicate our unique brand story while building brand awareness, communicating differentiating value propositions and turning our brand into a bold thought leader. You have deep experience and measurable wins in brand marketing, product marketing, content development & marketing, PR, social media and field activation. This role will oversee all marketing and communication activities to build a movement around eating insects.
- Lead overall marketing communication strategy and development of integrated marketing plans across retail (CPG) channels.
- Participate in broader brand building opportunities to build national brand awareness and achieve long term brand vision.
- Oversee PR, including story development, press tours, and events
- Refine overarching brand communication, brand vision, define targeted consumer segments and develop brand, marketing, consumer engagement strategies and tactics.
- Expand and elevate our social media and brand presence to build our brand, empowers consumer evangelists, optimizes and differentiates brand’s digital presence to drive success in market and build brand love
- Partner with Creative Director to ensure all brand building activities are on “on-brand” through policies, guidelines, processes and to ensure fluidity and consistency across all communication platforms.
- Monitor, assess and recommend proven, new and out-of-the box marketing and communication tactics, channels and programs.
- Provide consumer insights and lead consumer research as it relates to new product innovation and brand initiatives.
- Support team in developing our impact story and metrics that can further build upon our brand building and marketing communication efforts
- 10+ years marketing experience
- Food industry/CPG experience
- Strong project management skills with ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A proven track record working in a successful team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Ability to create 360 marketing campaigns and direct team to activate against creative vision and clear success metrics.
- Experience successfully building, coaching and enabling high performing teams while holding employees accountable.
- Experience in high growth environment preferred.
- Ability to facilitate strategic and creative brainstorming and help translate and map out ideas to actionable projects and processes.
- A deep understanding of and experience in established and emerging digital, consumer marketing, brand building strategies, tactics and tools