About The Position
The Director of Sales, East will be on the frontline, building a portfolio of high growth, quality businesses in the Northeast Region of the US. Come live your best at Zevia!
Zevia is the leading zero calorie, naturally sweetened beverage brand. We were the first to create Sodas sweetened with stevia, a plant-based sweetener. We have since introduced Energy, Mixers and Organic Tea platforms to our beverage portfolio, and all of the Zevia beverage platforms are growing at a rapid pace. Our office is a fun, entrepreneurial environment, full of fiercely passionate and talented people determined to work together, have fun and make consumer packaged goods history. Our Team Members are collaborative and supportive, with an insatiable hunger to change the beverage game.
The Director of Sales, East will be on the frontline, building a portfolio of high growth, quality businesses in the Northeast Region of the US. This person will have HQ responsibility for all customers in the region and should have detailed knowledge, as well as a history of success managing a rapidly growing brand in the conventional, natural, club and convenience channels.
The role will require an aptitude for building highly productive business relationships with retailers through excellent written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate should be both analytical and engaging. Storytelling and critical listening skills are a must have.
Main Responsibilities include a primary role in creating strategy and programs, optimized for the regional chains in their territory. The candidate must be effective in building and selling these programs to local decision makers. The role will require the creation of local account budgets that focus on the advancement of the key KPIs of: price, promotion execution, and quality distribution. The role requires the ability to create win-win business solutions that resonate with the retailer and the consumer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Represent Zevia in the marketplace with passion, enthusiasm, and a positive approachable attitude and demeanor.
- Build distribution on priority packages following recommendations.
- Ensure all assigned accounts’ schematics reflect Zevia standards relative to flow and package mix.
- Sell Zevia’s Optimum Price program by using best practices and available tools.
- Ensure all promotions are accompanied by point of sale and incremental displays – beyond “price reductions”.
- Construct annual Customer Marketing Agreements and manage associated funds for all designated accounts on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to update your accounts on business, channel competition, and identify opportunities.
- Provide category insights that promote change in promotion, price, or display practices.
- Provide feedback to local decision makers on any relevant developments, information, or successes.
- Maintain local and national knowledge regarding accounts and competition.
- Provide forecasting and planning input for the territory.
- Create distribution goals across all packages with retailers.
- Work closely with the Territory Manager team to execute initiatives.
- Develop and manage promotional trade spend with retailers.
- Educate, train, and interact with distributor representatives on Zevia’s products, merchandising standards, and sales strategies to drive superior execution in stores.
- Support distributor trade shows.
- Minimum of 5-years of outside sales and management experience, in a similar role or industry.
- Previous representation and sales experience with a successful history in the territory.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to listen well and read a situation.
- Prior track record of building, presenting and implementing creative programming.
- Strong understanding of how to manage a conversation.
- Ability to manage the flow of information upward in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Self-driven to succeed and surpass targets and the ability to work independently and make informed decisions independently.
- Team first attitude.
- Experience using syndicated data sources (i.e. IRI, Nielsen, SPINs)
- Competent computer skills including: Microsoft Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams)
- Strong ability to positively influence others outside of a direct reporting relationship.
- Healthier beverage segment awareness and passion for healthier products.
- Experience with various channels like conventional, natural, club, and convenience.
- Knowledge on beverage category product distribution and the logistics of delivering products to store shelves.
- Must have ability to:
- travel via car with a valid driver’s license and untarnished driving record.
- travel outside of local territory for multiple nights, at least once per month
- sometimes work flexible hours/weekends as travel and national marketing and consumer events requires
- High School graduate, University/College education is an asset.
This position functions in a supervisor capacity.
Under normal operations, this position operates in a home office environment for 60% of the time. This role has significant travel requirements of up to 40% with the focus on this travel to be the attending of customer HQ appointments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee will be required to drive for extended periods of time. He/she will be moving product and must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours and must work 40 hours each week. On rare occasion, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Under normal operations, this position requires travel about 1-2 times per month to support their region and Zevia Company needs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified job candidates and employees. To that end, Zevia maintains a workplace free of discrimination and harassment on the basis of an individual’s race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity, gender expression, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including childbirth and breastfeeding), medical condition, national origin, ancestry, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), civil union status, familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, caregiver status, citizenship status, immigration status, Civil Air Patrol status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.