About The Position
Looking for a Brand Manager who is experienced in directing, leading, and coordinating brand plans. This role will be responsible for ensuring we have long-term strategies for scaled growth and innovation grounded in consumer insights.
Zevia is the leading zero calorie, naturally sweetened beverage brand and our team is growing! We were the first to create Sodas sweetened with stevia, a plant-based sweetener. We have since introduced Energy, Mixers and Organic Tea platforms to our beverage portfolio, and all of the Zevia beverage platforms are growing at a rapid pace. Our office is a fun, entrepreneurial environment, full of fiercely passionate and talented people determined to work together, have fun and make consumer packaged goods history. Our Team Members are collaborative and supportive, with an insatiable hunger to change the beverage game. Come live your best with the best team!
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed Brand Manager. One who is a passionate brand ambassador who believes in Zevia’s mission and products. The ideal candidate should have a particular interest and past experience in CPG / FMCG segment, knowing how to communicate a brand’s voice and positioning for CPG products in the Food & Beverage Industry. You have worked with a variety of key marketing channels and have used retail channels, distribution, and promotions to reach your audience. You understand syndicated data and consumer insights to inform your decisions. You are comfortable working in a small team environment where you have the ability to make a significant impact. You are experienced in managing and coordinating brand plans that maximize the brand image, equity, and profitability. You are very attentive to details, meticulous, love to work in the fast-paced dynamic environment, and are a multi-tasker. You have specific brand marketing experience vs. account management or sales experience.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, the Brand Manager will be responsible to develop a comprehensive branding strategy for key marketing channels, including: creative, digital, OOH, TV, Coupons, Digital, Deliveries, Retail, Radio, CRM acquisitions, etc. The Brand Manager is responsible for executing short and long-term strategies and assisting with innovation grounded in consumer insights, while also ensuring that our consumer communication breaks-through. As a change contributor, influencer, and strong brand marketer, you will be responsible for helping build a strategic vision, setting the agenda and ensuring strength of our plans to deliver both short-term and long-term results. The Brand Manager will also be responsible for managing the marketing activities for the Canadian market, including both: direct-to-consumer and direct-to-business advertising.
- Partner with Director of Marketing to ensure overall channel spend is prioritized against brand mission and relevant growth drivers.
- Work with creative teams (internal and external) to support the packaging development process.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on developing and executing ideas across various Omnichannel marketing vehicles such as: OTT, OOH, coupon programs, deliveries, in-store, etc.
- Work on the weekly performance reports across all marketing channels and activities to present analysis and conclusions using graphs and tables.
- Work with the Business Development Team to develop in-store materials to support new product launches, as well as the on-going POS offering.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing to develop the ideal infrastructure for deploying, measuring, and reporting direct marketing campaigns.
- Analyze business results, using retail measurement (scanner) data and consumer insights (quantitative and qualitative), to ensure strategies are working and objectives are being realized. Such data will be analyzed in Microsoft Excel; Tableau and put together in visual presentations in various formats, such as in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Implement marketing strategies to achieve volume and profit targets, market penetration, and increased household spend.
- Partner with the Sales team to develop programs for key customers, aimed to grow velocities and drive brand awareness.
- Work cross-functionally on the creation & execution of marketing presentations for sales.
- Work with the analytics team to assess the performance of the campaigns and provide suggestions on optimization.
- Serve as a partner in the Brand and business planning process, tracking and reporting. These will include annual brand plan and financial delivery.
- Work with the Director of Marketing on developing an annual integrated marketing communication plan that will reflect business and brand objectives for the year.
- Leverage understanding of consumer/shopper motivations and behaviors to develop winning marketing plans and tactics.
- Manage marketing budget and ROAS on the respective marketing vehicles.
- Responsible for periodic performance review with the Director of Marketing, to proactively identify course corrections and/or new opportunities (cadence will be determined by brand initiative).
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop marketing programs to grow Zevia’s market share within targeted channels. These include understanding of key promotional and brand-driving awareness vehicles such as couponing and grocery deliveries platforms, OTT platforms, traditional media, such as radio, OOH, digital/social campaigns.
- Provide clear executional direction across the marketing department, to include mentoring, coaching and developing team members.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team across functions, to ensure effective communication and alignment of brand and company goals.
- Be a brand champion across the organization.
- Work with Operations, Sales, and Finance to gain input and support for opportunities and priorities to achieve plans.
- Interact with agency relationships.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Brand Equity: Knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity.
- Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Marketing Operating Strategies: Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing operating strategies (e.g., media planning, pricing strategies, trade/consumer promotions) used in the execution of marketing plans.
- Delivering Relevant Local Consumer Strategies: Making consumers and their needs the primary focus of the business; developing, evaluating and selecting consumer-based actions that maximize long-term, profitable volume.
- Creative Brief Development: Knowledge of the creative brief development process.
- Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact.
- 4-6 years brand marketing experience in consumer-packaged goods, specifically Food and Beverage industry experience, is a must.
- Please note: Sales Account Management/Sales Manager experience does not qualify as brand marketing experience.
- Marketing or Business Degree, preferred
- Innovation and successful product launch experience.
- Experience managing successful partnerships with agencies and possess the ability to leverage IMC assets into execution.
- Natural and Mass Retail Marketing experience, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem solving skills.
- Attentive to details, meticulous, passionate about marketing, love to work in the fast-paced dynamic environment, be a multi-tasker
- Results focused, with examples to prove it.
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior.
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and must be able to adapt to various work styles.
Full Time, Exempt, Supervisory
0% - 30%
Zevi LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.