William Grant & Sons
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Develop expansion of ecommerce in line with the US and Global agendas, with a focus on supporting key US markets and retailers with best practice marketing and commercial strategies. Drive integration between brand marketing plans and commercial execution, increase WG&S and distributor impact across digital trade channels. Support Director, Digital & eCommerce with contributions to evolving ecommerce strategy.
- The co-development and implementation of WG&S’ ecommerce expansion strategy in line with the five year plan, roadmap and execution plan.
- Collaborate with commercial team to manage and support roster of key distributor and retail partners in their ecommerce efforts, and develop and sell-in 360 programs.
- Identify key focus areas to increase share of sales online and where relevant, to influence share of sales in-store. Increase traffic, conversion rates, advocacy and revenue to retailer sites and apps. Provide shopper and commercial understanding to guide recommendations and programs.
- Increase volume of brand content seen and engaged by target consumers. Continually develop understanding of WG&S online shoppers and utilize this to ensure that online content is maximized and investment is optimized.
- Act as an internal consultant, develop excellent relationships with key US markets in order to support commercial teams, distributors and retailers in the creation and execution of local strategies.
- Support the brand marketing and digital marketing teams in helping them identify the role of ecommerce as part of their brands’ ecosystems.
- Identify areas for pilots and testing.
- Key Relationships: US Commercial team, National Accounts, Brand Marketing, Trade Marketing, Data & Analytics team, Global eCommerce team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have up to the minute specialist skill and knowledge in the ecommerce space
- At least five years of ecommerce experience, with clear results based record
- Familiarity with ecommerce systems: Clavis, Vendor Central, One Click, Retail Link, etc.
- Strong digital content programming experience
- Strong ecommerce analytics experience to optimize channel and content performance
- Commercial awareness – makes sound decisions based on commercial benefits and business objectives
- Team player and effective influencer. Able to build strong relationships across functions and geographies (internal and external)
- Creative thinker, suggesting viable new ideas, concepts and approaches
- Experience in spirits, wine or beer industries
- Experience in a regulated or legally complex industry