About The Position
The Luxury Portfolio Specialist is the guardian of the William Grant Meta Luxury Portfolio; the soul, the substance and the storytelling.
Who is William Grant & Sons?
William Grant & Sons is a family owned global premium spirits company with a portfolio of award-winning brands. These include our eight core brands: Glenfiddich, Grant's, The Balvenie, Tullamore D.E.W., Drambuie, Hendrick's Gin, Sailor Jerry Rum and Monkey Shoulder. With a global presence, our business is in an exciting period of growth. Our founder William Grant was a true pioneer, and his spirit, passion and innovation are very much at the heart of the business culture today.
The Luxury Portfolio Specialist is the guardian of the William Grant Meta Luxury Portfolio; the soul, the substance and the storytelling. As a true leader with an entrepreneur’s relentless drive and creative vision, the Luxury Portfolio Specialist enhances and crafts the new luxury mindset for William Grant and its Meta Luxury portfolio. The Luxury Portfolio Specialist sees the future of our brands, and they know how to boldly elevate its global presence through a combination of skill, passion and storytelling.
The Luxury Portfolio Specialist will manage top luxury accounts and build relationships while accelerating growth and increased profitability. In addition, the Luxury Portfolio Specialist will serve as the regional luxury educator for the brand and manage strategic luxury events, partnerships, and sponsorships while enhancing brand awareness and support. Overall, the Luxury Portfolio Specialist sees the future of our brands and knows how to boldly elevate its global presence through a combination of skill, passion and storytelling.
Our ideal candidate knows how to take action, make decisions, and take calculated risks to increase the brand’s visibility and make connections quickly. He/she savors the world of luxury and prestige and knows how to make that world come alive to create one-of-a-kind experiences and innovative selling opportunities. Our ideal candidate knows the nuances of hospitality and customer relations, and he/she relishes the opportunity to forge lasting connections with customers and consumers in a way that is uniquely their own.
Priority Brands: Glenfiddich, The Balvenie, Hendricks, Milagro Select Barrel Reserve, Flor de Cana & Monkey Shoulder
This role is not eligible for international relocation.
Account Management and Customer Relations: 40%
Accounts consist of top luxury establishments ranging from five-star hotels and resorts, fine dining accounts, private clubs, country clubs, select high-end bars. eCommerce account development and management of luxury off premise retail are also a main focus for the position. Job breakout: 50% on-premise and 50% off-premise. This will be analysed quarterly and may shift depending on market and covid implications.
- Extensively collaborate and communicate with regional sales directors, local commercial teams and brand ambassadors to work seamlessly on luxury programming.
- Develop, implement and execute an individual account/channel plan to drive distribution, brand education, velocity and menu listings. Implement brand SKU guidelines and secure unique placements and rituals based on clear brand guidelines and global luxury strategy.
- Collaborate with the brand team to design, develop and execute best-in-class high-end luxury dinners, events and creative pop-up experiences for VIP customers and trade. These experiences and moments will increase the visibility and equity of the luxury brand portfolio.
- Engage decision makers and trade through brand education, personal selling, and relationship development to accelerate on-premise growth and increased profitability.
- Analyze each brand and (and sku) in order to provide accurate volume forecasts and ensure that allocation restrictions and opportunities are carefully monitored and assessed. Accelerate to growth and profitability by identifying new challenges and opportunities.
- Through the use of luxury category trends and insights, report on market results, as well as changing market activity, on a routine basis. Provide recommendations, if required, on market actions needed in order to ensure WGS plan achievement and luxury agenda execution in the market.
Education and Luxury Advocate: 30%
- Collaborate with Director of Luxury to create an education platform for your respective territory to include internal William Grant employees, trade, distributors and customers.
- Serve as the lead in education on luxury selling and help to create a luxury culture and develop processes within William Grant and with our distributor partners.
- Work alongside the respective brand ambassadors for the region but primarily focus on different types of small to medium size events. Serve as the extension of the brand ambassador when they are not available, clearly communicating the brand’s essential DNA and serve as the voice behind the brand’sluxury mindset to both trade and consumers alike.
Events and Partners: 30%
- Seek out strategic luxury events, partnerships and sponsorship opportunities to enhance brand awareness and support or grow the brand’s equity.
- Create luxury event guidelines and processes. Execute events at the highest level of detail to create bespoke consumer experiences and amplify trade potential. Manage all aspects of luxury event planning for small to midsize events that align with luxury guidelines; create innovative concepts, craft internal and external communication pieces, and oversee agency management, budgeting, tracking and recapping.
- Work in collaboration with the brand team and agency partner as well as the local commercial team to ensure best-in-class execution for new product launches for the WGS portfolio of brands.
- Be the market expert as an in-the-know insider and luxury culture enthusiast. Be the voice and advocate for our brands at events and creative outings in order to forge authentic and lasting relationships with our consumers.
- Identify, develop and maintain VIP client relationships that include private clients, high net worth individuals, culture connectors, collectors and trade VIP consumers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related Wine & Spirits role or luxury role and one year within the assigned market. Must have strong relationships with the on premise, including bartenders and key decision makers.
- A passion and interest for Luxury with strong connections in the industry and a working knowledge of the Luxury Hotel sector preferred
- Strong relationship building and social skills with the ability to effectively manage and develop relationships at all levels of on-premise channel. Ability to build sustainable rapport with key contacts within the business and wider consumer group, in formal and informal (social) settings
- Strong drive and passion for brands and education. Ability to address any given group of people and share with them the brand’s vibrant history in order to develop and foster authentic brand champions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to express self in a compelling and energetic manner in individual and group situations; well-presented and articulate.
- Ability to adjust language and style to capture the attention of the audience
- Skills in leading and motivating people to achieve individual, team and project results. Must be a self-starter with an outgoing personality.
- Champion of new ideas and initiatives; ability to identify new business opportunities and makes them a reality
- Excellent portfolio product knowledge and presentation / training skills
- Strong understanding of on premise business process (e.g. decision making, considerations involved in distribution and menu placements)
- Strong budget management skills and organizational skills
- Must have satisfactory motor vehicle record and a valid driver’s license
At William Grant & Sons, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We’re proud to provide equal opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.