Responsible for moving tractors and trailers on the premises, starting refrigeration units, preparing trucks for deliveries. Covers for drivers and makes local deliveries when necessary.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Sets tractor trailer combinations for loading product scheduled for delivery.
• Starts refrigeration units; checks units periodically.
• Pulls loaded trailers away from dock and secures trailer doors.
• Coordinates loading schedules with warehouse supervisors.
• Ensures trucks have received pre-trip inspection prior to driver departure.
• Notifies drivers of potential late load situations.
• Ensures returning trucks are refueled, if necessary.
• Makes local deliveries, as necessary and covers various routes in emergency (book-off) situations.
• Assists warehouse personnel with unloading/cleaning trailers.
• Operates powered industrial equipment such as electric pallet jacks and forklifts, as necessary.
• Shuttles trucks to and from truck rental facilities if necessary.Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration.
• A valid state specific Commercial Drivers License, Class A.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.