Checks in and verifies incoming product (general merchandise). Transports product from dock to assigned locations utilizing pallet jack. Uses Vocollect electronic headset to receive orders verbally and ensure correct selection. Major order selector responsibilities include speed of selection, accuracy of selection and safety. Possibly performs truck loading duties or replenishes (relocate) product to pick slots. Operates equipment such as manual and electric pallet jack and electric forklift.Rate of Pay:
2nd Shift | Friday - Tuesday
Friday: 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Saturday - Tuesday: 6 PM - 2:30 AMJob Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and/or selects various grocery, perishable, general merchandise, products or supplies from warehouse stock.
- Works in a fast paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous order selection, warehouse experience such as shipping or receiving, or experience in a physically demanding position is preferred.
- Must be willing to consent to background check, drug screen, and physical capacities test.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds, frequent bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be able to work the required schedule and/or overtime, which could involve nights, holidays or weekends.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.