$16.00 per hour. Responsible for selecting orders, loading outbound trucks and unloading product while ensuring product quality.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Select customer orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Build stable and secure pallets.
- Label pallets and number to ensure proper put-away or delivery.
- Place completed pallets into cooler, dock area and/or truck as required.
- Participate in rotation of product and report quality issues to management as required.
- Assist in properly loading trucks.
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping, removing trash, cleaning kitchen and restrooms as needed.
- Sort, sticker and repack individual pieces when needed.
- Perform duties in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency with ability to work well under pressure.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Able to be flexible regarding tasks and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
- High regard for safety.
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization; a team player.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be forklift and pallet jack certified.
- 1-3 years previous experience in a warehouse setting preferred.
- Able to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time in a cool, damp environment.
- Must be able to operate warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack; certification preferred.
- Familiarity with produce (quality expectations, varieties, case packs) preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.