Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today.
The Pack Machine Operator I is responsible for the smooth operation and coordinates the day to day work for their lines, satisfying production needs, and maintaining consistent levels of service. Responsible for ensuring operational compliance to all food safety policies and procedures including SQF requirements.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Secondary functions and basic Duties:
- Responsible for Machine set-up, pre-operational checks for sanitary conditions and clean up when necessary i.e. allergen,
- Perform Product weight, seal integrity, label alignment, and print quality checks as per SOPs.
- Responsible for verifying all information on proof sheet matches labels, case labels, and artwork printed on bag/label and fill out required paperwork including correct product is picked (according to pick sheet) and verifies lot numbers of products to pick sheet.
- Observe for product defects: broken packaging, open seals, fill levels (over/under).
- Oversee the entire line and the support staff i.e. Packers and Dumpers and provide direction to satisfy production needs.
- Assist in the cleaning of machines and production equipment in accordance to SQF requirements.
- Inform supervisors of faulty equipment in need of maintenance; adjustments/repairs.
- Safe operation of equipment and safety of line associates while working with the equipment.
- Follow HACCP principles and Good Manufacturing Practices. Comply with Food and Personal safety procedures, Company Policies, and regulations.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- Perform all functions of a Production Worker I and Lead classifications, including pack, seal, and vacuum pack cases, load hopper, place cardboard into bailer, take the garbage out to compactor, label cartons, and stack pallets.
- Counts and inspects packages while filling cartons.
- Setup and load case erector.
- Separates rework product back into the hopper.
- Checks raw material to items being packed to make sure it is correct.
- Completes safety checklist for lift equipment.
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent related experience
- Experience in a food or related Manufacturing Production environment preferred
- Experience in operating a Form, Fill, Seal packaging machine. Either Vertical or Horizontal.
- 1-2 years running or setting up packaging machines
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Understands Safety guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable production management system (prod)
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, ISO, QS Guidelines and Procedures Skills/ Abilities:
- Able to work in an environment containing Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Soy, Wheat, and Milk
- Requires the ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic computations.
- Requires dexterity, basic mechanical reasoning, problem-solving, and the ability to learn.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area that promotes safety and efficiency.
- The ability to function as an individual requiring minimal supervision
- Team Engagement; Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Perform repetitive motions throughout shift such as push/pull/lift, bend continuously throughout the shift, lift up to 50 pounds, and be able to climb stairs or step up onto a platform several times throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time (duration of the shift (8 hours +).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.