Brief Description of Job Duties
Receives and verifies prescriptions to be filled. Prepares medication for clients through mixing, counting pills and labeling bottles. Prices and fills prescriptions for customers with approval from the pharmacist. Processes patient paperwork and insurance claims. Inventories and stocks medication. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacist, Store Director, Assistant Store Director, PIC PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store. Assists customers by: (examples include)
Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment. Assisting customers with questions and concerns regarding their prescriptions and health. Cleaning of all areas of the pharmacy and surrounding areas. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines. Reports to work when scheduled and on time. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the pharmacy experience.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintains appropriate certification.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with customers, co workers and the general public.