The position of Category Merchandiser will be responsible for retail merchandising decisions and execution. Retail merchandising decisions and communications will include ad item play, retail pricing, promotional reflect window and ad/promotional forecast adjustments. Retail communications include Buyers' Fair/Quarterly promotional survey production. Additional responsibilities include managing retailer participation and signups on corporate programs and automatic distribution programs. This position is responsible for working with Shelf Management to timely plan-o-gram execution and to ensure retail category compliance. The end result of these communications is to increase retail participation and execution on promotions and category management initiatives, which will improve retail sales and retail profits.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage communication to retail of all promotional programs and category management initiatives developed by HO Merchandising. Communicate and educate field sales staff on all corporate programs including merchandising strategies such as Center Store and KVI pricing.
- Determine reflect window for CMAP promotions and facilitate the input of these promotions through the Region CMA.
- Participate in Ad Group conference calls, Ad advisory committees, etc. Liaison to provide retailer feedback to HO Merchandising on all advertising issues.
- Meet with Key Accounts on program participation. Sign up retailers and maintain a list of independent retailers supporting automatic distribution programs.
- Ad/Promotional forecast adjustments. Provide feedback and maintain database of Regional SKUs needed. Regional Advertising communication, coordination and feedback.
- Communicate local broker issues to HO Merchandising.
- Determine inventory needs for category blitzes based on 3rd party schedule and input forecast adjustments as necessary. Evaluate and react to 3rd party reports regarding plan-o-gram compliance for independent retailers on the category management program. Addresses issue with retailers and provide feedback as applicable to HO Merchandising.
- Coordinate product recalls with HO Merchandising and retailers. Key contact for National Customer Service on retailer issues as well as coordination of Orderwell changes and exception orders.
- Handle downstream warehouse issues including billing, returns, lost sales, DRC coordination (i.e., continuities, product recalls, aged and discontinued product, retail inventory returns negotiated by Category/Promotion Manager.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with retail and/or vendor experience..
- Basic knowledge of UNFI's Buying system.
- Solid negotiating skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Proficient with MS Office and other computer programs.
- Analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.