greater levels of performance. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S. and designs to expand internationally, Ulta Beauty is revolutionizing the beauty retail experience. With new stores coming online on a continual basis and the re-engineering of existing locations with the latest design and technological advancements for heightened guest experiences, we're not just growing, we're thriving. Through consistent innovation and a bold commitment to reimagination. If you want the opportunity to build something strategic, to take ownership of your career trajectory, to apply your passion to operational excellence, Ulta Beauty provides the kind of stability and support few organizations can match. So be curious. Be flexible. Be more than you thought possible
. The future is yours at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Store Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the fluctuating needs of the Operations Team, including, but not limited to: the creation and sustainment of operational documentation (standard operating procedures, implementation guides, leadership conference materials, companywide communication, and presentations), beginning level project management, and cross-functional operational support. This position requires a strong eye for detail, exceptional verbal and written communication, and the ability to balance changing priorities. The Store Operations Specialist ensures retail process and documentation of all assigned projects follows a consistent structure, provides clear direction, and has been approved by operations leadership in order to create an exceptional associate experience and a platform for flawless store execution. The ideal candidate is proficient and passionate about both technical and creative writing, as well as beginning level project management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
The Store Operations Specialist is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently by performing the following duties and responsibilities of the position (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
• Produces publication-quality first drafts of new and existing store operational documents.
• Controls voice and tone of documentation through communication, format, and design.
• Works to understand technical and unfamiliar information and logically organize it in a clear and compelling manner.
• Balances a heavy workload and seamlessly shifts focuses to deliver on changing business needs.
• Integrates the Ulta Beauty brand image through internal associate tools and resources.
• Collaborates with leadership to understand business and end-user needs.
• Develops strong partnerships with stores and cross-functional subject matter experts to gather, understand, and verify content.
• Communicates edits, feedback, and recommendations with tact and diplomacy.
• Participates in others' development by sharing knowledge and best practices.
• Acts as a key consultant and subject matter expert to cross-functional partners, providing operational perspective and support.
• Gathers content, writes, and updates documents in alignment to operational and corporate strategy.
• Works to understand unfamiliar or complex information or ideas and converts into simple language, adjusting style to meet end-user needs.
• Uses existing templates and style guides to facilitate standardization and compliance yet looks for opportunities to improve and provides recommendations.
• Maintains an organized library of current and previous store documentation, communication, and resources, adhering to the outlined naming convention and version control process.
• Ensures meetings are productive by proactively soliciting cross-functional content, organizing agendas and supporting materials, communicating concise notes, and following up on action items.
• Participates in cross-functional meetings, representing the store operations perspective, and reviewing takeaways with operational leadership following the meeting.
• Execute other operational tasks as directed. THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications is preferred
• Previous work or educational experience with technical and creative writing
• Previous work or educational experience with project management
• Retail and/or salon experience is preferred
• Graphic design experience is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Proven technical and creative writing skills, including spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and grammar
• Well-developed problem-solving skills and a fine eye for detail
• Energy, enthusiasm, and drive to continuously and proactively manage a heavy workload
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects with moving parts
• Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the following Adobe programs: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Attend business meetings and conferences
• Normal office demands
• Occasionally work in stores to develop an understanding of the store experience
#LI-LB1 COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.