professional empowerment. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving E-Commerce platform, Ulta Beauty provides its merchandise associates the bandwidth needed to set new trends, identify potential, and take calculated risks. For professionals with an adventurous spirit who thrive in a collaborative context, who are energized by ambiguity and problem-solving, who want to experience the results of their efforts, and who are inspired by the recognition of superior performance-we encourage you to make all of it your own. Discover the possibilities of Ulta Beauty. And experience greater heights of professional success & personal satisfaction. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Business Analyst II will manage the functional operation, maintenance and support of defined business systems for supply chain and merchandising. This role will support the business through leading requirements sessions, presenting requirements, and leading advanced system functionality to drive efficiencies and appropriately leverage our Merchandise system capabilities. This role will act as a change agent across ULTA and be the primary support role for the Merchandise Category Management system(s) (Space and Floor Planning). This role will be responsible for providing advanced system documentation, including business workflows, requirement documentation, written test cases and user support. They will lead smaller business projects determined by leadership using project management standards. This role will work with cross-functionally with multiple areas of the company such as IT, Supply Chain, HR, Finance/Accounting, and other areas. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary user support and administrator to business partners (internal and/or external) through business requirements, documentation, enhancements, and implementation to ensure system stability and data accuracy
- Support Merchandising, MP&I, and Ecommerce areas use of the Merchandise system to ensure proper functionality, data and results.
- Key role in defining system settings to ensure system performance is accurate and troubleshoot and solve issues that may arise, partnering with IT and other Merch Ops centers of excellence
- Lead business requirement sessions and documentation
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Drive consistency and processes across the various business areas including training and documentation as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Gather and analyze data for potential business expansion
- Identify specific business opportunities
- Manages the administration of the Space and Floor Planning system including: reviewing and implementing changes in system parameters and formats; and coordinating and/or modifying system parameters, improvements and/or upgrades
- PL/SQL and C# a plus
#LI-68855203_DF1 THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of direct work experience in business analysis, process improvement/best practices or proven work experience
- Preferred ECBA/CCBA certification
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Education: BA/BS or equivalent
- Experience with Merchandising, Ecommerce, Omni-Channel and Supply Chain system and processes
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
COLORADO PAY RANGE
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in collaboration and strong sense of accountability
- Capability to work cross functionally with IT to assist in the translation of technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Demonstrated ability to take complex thoughts or ideas and simplify them for business or technical partners
- Retail business background with strong process and systems acumen
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Knowledge of applications development methodologies
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.