Job Location: Hershey, PASummary:
Media has been a key source of growth at The Hershey Company for many years, but with rapid changes in the media landscape we must continue to further transform our media approach to operate in a more targeted, integrated and agile way. A key component of this transformation is taking greater control of our own media data and analytics relying on our own testing and measurement to prove out effectiveness versus relying on 3rd party providers.
Over the past year, we have taken direct responsibility for owning our own media data and now store tens of billions of rows of data (2.5 Terabytes) via API feeds from all digital media partners (e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.) in our Media Data Store. Visualization tools are then used to track media performance in near real time to optimize our media to drive even greater growth.
The Sr. Associate Manager, Media Science will be responsible for 3 key aspects of Media AnalyticsResponsibilities include:
- Media Lab Owner - Own visualization of all Media Data via Power BI or other visualization tools. Set up and manage optimization alerts and bring them to the rest of the media team for activation. Lead media performance reviews with brand teams. Continually update visualizations to improve performance. Results to be measured as incremental sales growth from identified optimizations.
- Competitive Media Tracking & Retail Analytics - Leverage 3rd party competitive media tracking tools to analyze Hershey media performance vs. competitors, identify insights that explain business results and share reports brand teams and senior leadership. Also, be the media team's source for retail reporting utilizing IRI tools. Prepare reports as requested and share insights with the broader media team.
- Agile Testing - Own some of market tests from market selection to test measurement conducted to identify additional opportunities for sales growth. Conduct analytics on a subset of tests and deliver recommendations to brand teams for implementation. Partner in the continuation of automation and visualizations from the measurement team. Requirements
- Knowledge of Advanced Data Analysis & Marketing Measurement Techniques - regression, segmentation, clustering, A/B Testing, Market Mix Modeling
- Familiarity with IRI or Nielsen point of sale data and associated tools
- Hands-on experience coding with programming/software such as R, Python, SQL and/or SAS
- Hands-on Experience with High Level Excel functions and building data visualizations from raw data (e.g. in Tableau or Power BI)Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major responsibilities:
• 1-5 years of experience in related analytical fields
• Able to self-organize and execute deliverables independently, develop new approaches and identify roadblocks.
• Knowledge of media, branding, and performance marketing frameworks, including media effectiveness measurement techniques.
• A strong track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and being results-oriented. You will need to be a self-starter.
• Deep curiosity, Willingness to learn, Attention to Detail, Ability to thrive in a small, agile team environment with desire to perform at a high level. Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field
Experience: Some experience working with extensive data sets in a marketing related field.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans