Job Location:Hershey, PA This position is for 2nd Shift/Weekends Job Summary:
Incumbent is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of the facilities equipment, fixtures, and general structure, along with managing customer and facility management expectations. This is to include any specialized equipment that may be associated with the area of work. Technician will analyze and eliminate problems using expert technical knowledge in the areas stated above. Support and embrace programs and policies within the facility affecting maintenance, safety, life safety and OSHA regulations. The Technician must work well in a team environment and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Provide superior internal and external customer service support to all customers in all of The Hershey Company Facilities. Incumbent should be versed in a minimum of one trade and the willingness and ability to learn other trades Role Responsibilities:
- Maintains and repairs all equipment and systems necessary to operate the facilities such as; (but not limited to) boilers, electrical equipment, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, plumbing, fire protection, structures, and fixtures in multiple buildings.
- Maintain technical knowledge and documentation of all equipment and maintenance processes. Areas may include specialized equipment relating to the specific function of the site. Performs other activities such as (but not limited to) painting, carpentry, plumbing, and A/V work.
- Performs Preventative maintenance on all equipment and maintains the Paperwork and Documentation associated with each asset to ensure proper care of all assets.
- Ability to work off-hours, rotating shift, weekends and holiday. This position is for primarily 2nd shift and weekend hours with possibly other times as needed and required.
- Respond to calls for maintenance or other requests by Hershey Company departments.
- Coordinates outside work done by Vendors and assists in project management related to projects. This includes assisting in scheduling work, monitoring vendor work, and communicating with other parties what work is being scheduled and any effects on the population of the facility.
- All other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma required
- 2 Year technical degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience (2 Year technical degree and 3 years' experience, or 5 years' experience and documented training in a trade)
- Vocational school certification in a trade
- Must have basic PC skills, Word, Excel
- Familiar with Continuum, Johnson Controls, Metasys or other Building Management preferred
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans