About The Position
A high-trajectory, high-visibility Tennessee-based spirits company is looking for a Field Sales Rep for the Houston, TX market who will be responsible for building relationships with key on and off premise accounts.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist in developing and implementing annual operating plan which includes financial, volume, and distribution objectives.
- Responsible for building and owning relationships through all levels of management with distributors.
- Manage depletion and distribution objectives for the retail channel i.e., ride with Distributor Sales and independently call on Key Accounts.
- Introduce creative sales execution concepts, share across state lines/regions if successful and aspire to be a leader in best practices.
- Maintain key account relationships with-in assign geography.
- Complete monthly phasing calendar and maintain working key account list.
- Manage assigned budgets including marketing, distributor incentives, travel & entertainment, and other departmental expenses to ensure market profitability targets are met.
- Ensure all sales practices are compliant with state & company policies/law.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Well organized with ability to work both independently and within team environment.
- Results oriented, innovation, strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Be able build, analyze, and present depletion data recognizing trends and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Ability to work and succeed in dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Build and maintain customer and distributor relationships.
- Experienced in reviewing and approving distributors chargebacks such as depletion allowance, incentives, and product samples.
- Ability to create, update, and present sales material for distributor meetings and sales summits.
- Perform quarterly variance analyses and provide explanations if needed to evaluate impacts to future months’ volume projections.
- Reside in the greater Houston, TX area.
- Earned a BA degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years working for a distributor in the alcoholic beverage industry with knowledge and passion for both commercial and premium products in a retail environment.
- Be able to demonstrate budgeting, forecasting and brand profitability in each market.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite, iDIG & Karma, Expensify or similar expense software.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- A motor vehicle or similar form of reliable transportation in order to transfer product and other relate marketing material.
- Sales experience within the bourbon spirits industry at a well known brand and/or distributor.
- Travel reimbursement
- Competitive Bonus Structure