About The Position
Location: Texas, Colorado, New Mexico Position: Full time
Proudly independent. Passionate about innovation. Committed to craft. Over nearly four decades at the vanguard of the American craft spirits revolution, we have been distilling exceptional artisanal spirits with integrity. Our family of spirits includes single malt whiskey, absinthe, and several gins, vodkas, brandies, and liqueurs. Since 1982, we have been an American original. Taste our spirits and you will understand.
St. George Spirits is looking for someone who is super sharp, 110% ‘on it’, and thinks and takes pride like an owner. This person is responsible for maximizing the development and sales of all brands in the St. George Spirits portfolio. The DVP South Central achieves this by working with RNDC in all facets of programming their sales force as well as by personally calling on accounts to promote our brands in all channels. The position reports directly to the Vice President Sales, West. They have a strong understanding how to manage a multi-state distributor network, they know how to get in the trenches with the trade, all while remaining aligned with the ethos of our organization: professionalism and grace.
We are currently looking for an experienced candidate who appreciates the resources and stability of a large supplier, but the creativity and autonomy of a more entrepreneurial environment. Our candidate takes and exhibits pride in what they're selling, and is truly looking to play a role in expanding a company. To learn more about us and our full range of products, please visit us at www.stgeorgespirits.com.
South Central USA – Texas, Colorado, New Mexico
- Develop business plans for the region and manage the distributor to deliver goals.
- Effectively manage all channels of the trade, including on, off, and chain retail
- Maximize ROI by appropriately managing financial budgets
- Develop and deliver RFP presentations for regional and national accounts
Expand distribution within targeted accounts in the on and off premise by:
- Working with distributor salespeople
- Personally calling on accounts
- Identify new opportunities and take a proactive approach in the placement and development of our brands
- Provide VP Sales with creative ideas that help move the business forward
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with Federal and State laws and company policies
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of our products, to communicate and educate
- Participate in regular distributor sales meetings
- Participate in market events, trade events, and educational seminars
- Operate within established budgets
- Residency in sales territory required
- Must be willing and able to:
- Work evenings as job requires
- Some weekend work as job requires
- Travel as job requires (up to 50%)
- High-level verbal communication skills required
- High-level writing skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to improve processes and implement new ones
- Critical thinking, diverse thinking, and problem solving skills required
- High-level time-management, organizational, and budgeting skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Experience with G-Suite preferred
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required - business-related preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the beverage alcohol industry as a supplier or distributor manager, both preferred. (Spirits background required)
- Professional sales experience required
What St. George Spirits looks for in an employee:
- Polished, personable, and professional
- Very diligent and detail-oriented
- Deadline-focused and goal-driven
- Helpful and service driven
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and thorough follow-through
Physical demands and work environment:
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Car and phone allowance
- Paid time off
Proof of vaccination is required before hiring.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
St. George Spirits, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.