About The Position
We are a fast-growing, family owned and operated wine and spirits company! Significant opportunity within the organization!
The Market Sales Manager is responsible for delivering volume, distribution, and merchandising performance across the market (New York - Queens & Brooklyn). Responsibility covers all channels of business, in both on an off-premise.
- Manage Company brand portfolio within assigned geography.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming in all markets
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs
- Participate in the development of program-specific POS
- Call on and activate Key Accounts
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling, etc.
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus, and ads are executed to standard
- Travel when appropriate to observe business conditions and to call on key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with Company sales personnel
- Participate in Company and wholesaler planning and sales meetings
- Ensure all Company SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of the art and science of wholesaler programming and pricing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Company brands
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction or supervision; “self-starter”
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Financially responsible and knowledgeable in budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive and travel 4-5 days per week required
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in the wine and spirits industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit
- Frequently required to travel
- Frequently required to talk and hear
Sovereign Brands, L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.