Specialty Beverage of Richmond, VA - distributor of some of the finest beers in the world and a member of the Sheehan Family Companies - is in search of a Delivery Driver Trainee to gain first-hand experience in delivery of our retail routes in the Northern Virginia area. The primary responsibility for these positions is to ensure the successful and timely delivery of our products. Learn how to safely operate a commercial vehicle and how to successfully navigate delivery routes first hand.
*The shift runs Monday through Friday from approximately 5:30 AM to 4:00 PM (or whenever the route is completed).
*Starting pay is $20-$22 per hour
You will be trained to pass the Virginia CDL-B licensing requirements. Requirements:
Qualified applicants must have a valid and clean driver's license and a high school diploma or GED. Experience driving full-sized straight trucks and thorough knowledge of the Northern Virginia area is preferred but not required. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Two wheeled hand truck
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack
- Case of 24 cans 15 3/4 " X 10 1/2 " X 5" -- 10 to 30 lb.
- Case of 24 bottles 16 1/2 " X 10 1/2 " X 10"-- 25 to 48 lb.
- Quarter Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 14" long-- 87 lb.
- Half Barrel 15 1/2 " in diameter, 23" long -- 165 lb.
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis
• Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
• Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels and half barrels from floor to 48" on a frequent basis
• Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases on level surfaces on a frequent basis
• Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces on an occasional basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Profit sharing
- Flex spending and direct deposit.
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen, a physical exam, and must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.