Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. Originally called the Monarch Distillery, James Thompson re-named it The Glenmore Distillery after the Glenmore Castle near his birthplace in County Derry, Northern Ireland. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
Surviving tragedies such as flood and fire, the distillery went on to fill its two millionth barrel of whiskey in 1946. In 1973 it was producing 540 barrels a day. Although distilling operations ceased in 1973, bottling and warehousing continued at The Glenmore Distillery.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The Distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Production Scheduler is responsible for scheduling all production and maintaining MPR/MPS, replenishment of cases goods from sister plants, and serves as the backup for Receiving Departments.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Process freight invoices promptly in order to re-bill customers and support A/P payment. Ensure that all orders are entered promptly and accurately, thereby maintaining stability in the production schedule and improving production efficiency. Provide exceptional customer service to our personalized barrel customers, by updating Access database, creating and reviewing Sys21 work orders, entering sales orders, and monitoring shipment activity. Plan production for the bottling operations at The Glenmore Distillery using Master Production Scheduling module.
- Plan and purchase Glenmore Distillery imported goods. Continue developing WeSupply usage, specifically to develop a vendor scorecard program. Support implementation of WeSupply at all locations (Core Team Member) Use Sys21 and WeSupply to manage distributor orders for direct imports from order receipt thru invoicing. Track orders to ensure they are invoiced promptly based on customer terms. Lead the design and implementation of the Wesupply Internet Application Service Provider (ASP) for use w/ FG import/purchasing
- Participate and lead in process improvements that deliver cost savings in areas of imported and purchased goods.
- Work with Brand Managers on production plans or planned FG purchases for new products and brands.
- Provide world class customer service by ensuring that all Glenmore Distillery finished goods items are available for customer requested ship dates.
- Help the bottling operations achieve desired efficiencies by providing a stable production schedule that optimizes line efficiency with inventory carrying costs. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Implement a PDS for myself that will move me toward improving at least 1 competency at any given time and improving performance against position description outcomes. Work closely with my Supervisor to improve a work related skill(s), which will lead to my improved performance, benefit my professional growth as well as the company's success. Know and follow company Work Rules & Policies while maintaining a positive at
- Develop a Career plan for myself that will allow me to achieve my overall career objectives. Continue to work on existing career development plans that have been previously set up.
- Streamline the production planning and import planning processes to reduce frustration and improve the quality of our work life.
- Utilize the priority system to enable me to focus on a few key priorities that will grow the company faster
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years successful, related work experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skillss
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- APICS Certification or Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)
- Experience in Alcohol Beverage Industry
- Experience with System 21 ERP software
- 5 years experience in an AS 400 environment
- Demonstrated success in the design and implementation of process improvement initiatives
- Experience in development of query programs on AS400 or similar proficiency
- Speaks Foreign Language(s)