Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Distribution Manager oversees all distribution operations in accomplishing production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Evaluates efficiency and cost; plans, organizes, directs improvements and corrective action plans. Establishes best methods, standard operating procedures and priorities to meet established productivity and quality goals. Meets and exceeds customer expectations to deliver product on time within budget and to complete order as specified.
- Drives continuous improvement throughout the Distribution Center and Logistics Team. Oversees distribution operations in accomplishing production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. This includes meeting or exceeding standards for quality, safety, and customer satisfaction. Evaluates efficiency and cost; plans, organizes, directs improvements and corrective action plans. Establishes work schedules, best methods, standard operating procedures and priorities to meet established productivity and quality goals.
- Provide support to Sales to ensure products are shipped correctly and on time to meet customer expectations including launch of new products and new distribution. Meet and improve the metric on- time shipment goals as well as order fulfillment goals
- Conducts PDS reviews with Shipping Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Shipping Department. Trains, evaluates and develops Shipping Department employees. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Plant Manager to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance
- Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to warehouse operation quality. Develop TPM concepts for Distribution Center with implementation timelines that are in line with the continuous improvement efforts of the department. Develop metrics to track and reduce case damage in the warehouse.
- Establish documentation and implementation of best practices SOPs. Develop, Implement and enforce SOP's and other initiatives including but not limited to WMS process, customer service, housekeeping, cycle counting, breakage. Drive continuous improvement culture within the department. Lead, develop, execute and review best practices, processes and procedures to improve the distribution operation on all shifts including movement of product from plant to Distribution Center, receiving, staging, loading and inventory management.
- Lead and drive the Distribution Center to be a best-in-class, process-driven organization in a manner consistent with the culture values of the company and ensure that Distribution Center staff act in a manner consistent with these values. Actively participate in efforts to make the Company a Best Place to Work.
- Drives the DC to meet and exceed all internal and external customer expectations through management of the Distribution Center to deliver product on time in full. Develops and monitors department KPIs, develops corrective actions and drives improvement.
- Lead departments efforts to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs to lowest levels possible without compromising service. Leads department in controlling targeted inventory, cost per case, inventory loss annually and reducing daily product losses.
- Leads the implementation of safety programs, procedures and initiatives to ensure safe working environment within the Distribution Center. Creates safety culture through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents.
Lead the continued implementation of the Automated Storage Retrieval System; organize the resources to ensure a smooth implementation that does not interfere with daily operation of the department, including adequate training on the system for all users. Drive for world class performance of an ASRS Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in manufacturing software (ERP, MRP, MPS, WMS)
- Requires Supervisory/management experience
- APICS Certification or Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with System 21 ERP software
- Requires Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Requires Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs