Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Boston Brands of Maine, located in Lewiston, Maine, is part of the Sazerac family of companies. Boston Brands of Maine operates a state-of-the-art facility on ten acres, with the capacity of seven bottling lines. Sazerac's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. Sazerac attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Bottling Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of bottling lines. Duties include supervision of hourly employees assigned to lines, supporting personnel, preparation of production documentation required by government regulations, and monitoring all lines for quality and production specifications
Qualifications/Requirements Required qualifications
- Oversees operations of bottling lines to efficiently ensure completion of production schedules within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Provides technical assistance to operators and line employees. Coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production quality and efficiency. Works with Superintendent and bottling maintenance team to implement operational and mechanical improvements. Establishes work schedules. Utilizes Continuous Improvement processes to improve line productivity and operator training by tracking line efficiency and downtime issues through Daily Production Reports.
- Monitors and enforces OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides safety program leadership for the Bottling department through development and execution of safe practices; manages operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents; and assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents to determine and address root cause. Understands and complies with safety requirements of position; keeps safety top of mind at all times and prevents co-workers from working unsafely. Reports all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Ensures employees are trained in and use of PPE.
- Develops a personal development plan with Superintendent to improve skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Improves at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor and delivers on performance against outcomes. Trains and supervises bottling line employees in improving skills and performance (fairness, respect, listening, etc.); and addresses opportunities from focus groups and survey feedback. Evaluates employee performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develops improvement plans to address.
- Continuously improves products, services, quality and the culture in which we work. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid need for rework. Manages operation of bottling lines to effectively ensure completion of production schedules within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production quality and efficiency and works with Superintendent and bottling maintenance team to implement improvements.
- Provides input to improve equipment capabilities and works with management team to move forward new initiatives including new products and packages. Coordinates work with other departments to maintain product quality and production efficiency. Ensures that defect free products are scheduled, produced and shipped in full and on time to meet customer demand.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through supervision of bottling lines to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications. Understands and works with established standards and resolves production related problems.
- Recommends ideas to reduce costs and improve output. Ensures production efficiency is within cost standards; tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields without sacrificing quality. Analyzes and resolves problems related to efficiency, processes, material, scrap and waste.
- Provides leadership to bottling line teams in a manner consistent with the culture of the Company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company a Best Place to Work. Behaves as described by our core values.
- Ensures all bottling operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance; performs job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
- Monitors and supervises work areas to ensure cleanliness and organization. All lines are kept clean, orderly, and free of debris in order to provide safe and efficient work areas and to minimize workplace injuries. Ensures all employees are trained in and understand GMP guidelines.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Requires Supervisory experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- Strong computer skills and high comfort using technology and systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree highly preferred
- Experience in the alcoholic beverage industry
- Experience in the food & beverage industry