Directs and coordinates operational activities of delivery equipment and personnel. Responsibilities
• Recommend performance management actions including but not limited to selection and hiring, transferring and discharging, the assignment of work, the receipt of rewards or progressive discipline.
• Oversee the routing of delivery trucks using the computerized Roadnet routing system.
• Assigns all drivers and driver helpers to each route each day.
• Updates, review and sets delivery routes through out the day using the GreenMile driver tracking software.
• Monitor driving performance per driver using the Geotab telematics software.
• Rides with drivers to observe work habits and identify areas of needed improvement conducting training when necessary.
• Trains drivers in the areas of safe driving, proper lifting techniques and company delivery process and procedure.
• Interacts with internal departments and customers to resolve delivery problems as they occur throughout the day.
• On occasion may be called upon to run a delivery route as business dictates. Qualifications
Associates degree from a two year college or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Requires a current state driver's license
• CDL License preferred
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas)
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to operate material handling equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.