Job Description Summary:
The Cross-Class Warehouse will load and/or drive trucks over established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer, and non-alcoholic beverage products, while completing appropriate paperwork by performing the following duties:
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shippingorder, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, ordistributed.
- Convey and move beer kegs from receiving or production areas tostorage or to other designated areas utilizing heavy equipment or droproll and/or lift techniques.
- Convey and move materials and items from receiving or productionareas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in binsaccording to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, orproduction code.
- Sort and store some goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets orshelves or convey orders to loading station or stacks into trucks.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Arrange stock in specified sequence for distribution by otherworkers.
- Drive and operate lifting equipment to transport stored items fromwarehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations forshipment.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection of truck prior to each day’s deliveries.
- Drive truck to deliver items to assigned customer's place ofbusiness.
- Record sales or deliveries information on delivery records.
- Listen to and resolve service complaints.
- Collect or picks up empty containers or rejected or specifiedmerchandise.
- Obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Clean inside of truck.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Preferred.
- Some warehouse experience is preferred.
- If hired regular after the season, will be required to acquire class B license within in 480 probationary hours.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position will require the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position will also require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position will further require the ability to speak effectively before customers, managers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position will also require the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will require the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position will also require the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Mustobtain and maintain a valid and unrestricted Class A or B driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - ( These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations )
- Must be able to lift up to75 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
Enjoy a career with us!