Pernod Ricard USA
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Position Summary: As Senior Brand Manager, this person would be responsible for leading the strategic brand plan development, plan implementation and brand innovation on Martell Cognac.
This is a high-profile, strategic Brand Management role touching one of Pernod Ricard USA’s top priority brands. The Martell SBM will be responsible for leading key projects to help drive cognac growth and strategic Martell brand plan development/implementation.
This exciting role requires a dynamic and experienced brand leader who has a strong marketing, analytical and innovation background and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business including but not limited to the following:
- Partnering with the agencies to drive the communication strategy and vision, particular for at the retail level, and helping to develop platforms/executions that maximize business results
- Providing support for future pipeline development; leading innovation to ensure proper insights, ideation, positioning and subsequent handoff to engagement team for asset development
- Leading cross-functional teams that may include Sales, Consumer Insights, Finance, Events, and PR to develop and manage marketing objectives, goals and strategies
- Planning and directing performance of Brand Manager, assist in goal setting, provide development opportunities and performance feedback, address issues and resolve problems, and coach and develop junior team members.
- Leading the commercialization and in-market execution of innovation launches including partnering with field sales to plan and execute launch program.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Innovation pipeline – lead development of cognac innovation pipeline in conjunction with global Martell-Mumm-Perrier Jouet team to develop and deliver cutting edge innovation
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual strategic planning process. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer-centric programs.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset with a focus on proving the case for brand expansion.
- Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach.
- Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, which includes but is not limited to the global brand owners, agencies, field marketing, sales, consumer insights, and other business departments fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success.
- Analysis and Reporting: Lead the analysis and reporting of market and competitor trends to identify salient business issues/opportunities, working with divisional sales/marketing teams as necessary.
- Research: Perform analysis/construct research programs and derive implications to insure marketing programs/expenditures meet KPIs. Consistently seek to improve the existing programming.
- Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
- Training and People Development: Manage direct reports and train and develop them into strong brand experts and leaders.
Nature & Scope: Position typically works with members of the central marketing department, divisional marketing, sales management, agency services agency personnel, as well as various vendor and provider representatives. Communication can include sensitive information requiring complete confidentiality and discretion in dealings with contacts. Incumbent plans activities for this position monthly with individual initiative in daily routine. Decisions impact the group and organization as a whole, and errors can cause significant expense to the entire organization.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. Masters in Business (MBA) or marketing preferred.
- Proficiency in MS-Office with emphasis on Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Experience / Background: Between 8 to 12 years of marketing experience. People management experience preferred.
- Experience with multicultural marketing
- Solid experience in strategy/brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities.
- Strong leadership/management skills with potential to move into a leadership position at Pernod Ricard
- Strong financial / business acumen.
- Strong digital acumen with focus on influencer, social media, and eCRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as outstanding aptitude for time management.
- Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask are requirements.
- Spirits industry experience not required, but helpful.
Working Conditions: Approximately 25% travel to field and partner locations.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avión); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
- Reports To Brand Director – Tequilas & Martell