About The Position
O’Shaughnessy Distilling Co.
Job Title: Market Development Manager
Location: Greater Chicago Area.
You must live in the Chicago area to be considered for this position. It is only listed as remote because you will not be working from our home base in Minneapolis, MN.
O’Shaughnessy Distilling Company is a NEW family-owned distillery in Minneapolis, MN whose core mission is to create products and experiences that our consumers can enjoy together. As a company who is looking to build the future of spirits, we are looking for great people to join our team. In the end, we believe it’s family and community that make us stronger. We invite you to join our family, roll up your sleeves and help us build a great story together.
We’re seeking a Market Development Manager. Reporting to the Business Development Director. The Market Development Manager is responsible for developing and growing the Keeper’s Heart Whiskey brand in key geographic areas.
● Increase visibility O’Shaughnessy Distilling Co. and Keeper’s Heart Whiskey in the market
● Develop Keeper’s Heart with key, local, regional and national retail and on-premise accounts within the region.
● Establish and maintain strong professional relationships directly with key
distributors, trade professionals and key accounts in prioritized markets within territory.
● Execute brand training opportunities with local distributor sales reps.
● Work with distributor mixologists on brand specific cocktails that drive usage and visibility.
● Execute market plan, sales meetings and team meetings; responsible to provide education of Keeper’s Heart brand and promotions to key distributor personnel
● Track and analyze market pricing, promotional activity, incentive and distribution programs
● Assist BDD in conducting business review and planning meetings with distributors
● Execute regular market surveys. Solo, with distributors and OSDC team members.
● Utilize company systems, including expense reports, VIP Analytics, etc.
● Seek and pursue new opportunities to expand brand awareness, visibility, and distribution to drive sales of Keeper’s Heart
- Target all accounts for distribution
- Attend and present at distributor sales meetings and events
- Implement promotional opportunities via Menu Lists and Drink Features, Displays shelves and Ads
- Identify and facilitate events within the assigned account list/market Schedule and conduct tastings and seminars
- Be point of contact for distillery visits from region visitors
● Follow up to ensure activations are fully executed as planned.
● Collaborate with marketing to improve brand awareness.
Travel – at least 25% - 50%
Skill Set & Competitive Applicants
● Bachelor degree required.
● A minimum of 3+ years in wine & spirits sales roles. Startup experience is preferred.
● Affinity with spirits category and relevant experience working on similar spirits brands desired
● Strong knowledge of on and off-premise retail environment required
● Experience with managing budgets, working in a fast paced environment, creative problem-solving skills and stakeholder management
What We Offer Our Management Team:
● Benefits: Medical, vacation, bonus structure based on business success
Please visit our websites to learn more about our company and brands