About The Position
Union Beer Distributors is currently looking for an Off-Premise Sales Rep to sell, promote and grow our ever-expanding portfolio in the world's most fast-paced, competitive, and demanding market – NYC. We are selling world-class craft, import, and domestic beers. We want candidates who are energetic, competitive, hardworking, and persistent. Someone who possesses a strong work ethic and a strong sense of responsibility and a desire to grow with a highly regarded family-owned company—then this could be the place for you! Union Beer has a culture of continuous improvement. We invest in our employee’s future with a comprehensive onboarding program, ongoing supervisor ride-with, as well as product training and tuition assistance. Union Beer has a policy and practice of promoting from within. Come join a winning team! Great place to gain sales experience and work at a diverse and family-oriented company.
- Develop and maintain effective account relationships and promote the goodwill of the company
- Represent our world-class brands in a dynamic market
- Grow brand presence within our existing accounts.
- Proper merchandising of accounts with permanent and paper POS
- Effective Accounts Receivable collections according to State Law
- Develop new accounts grow account base and points of distribution
- Handle customer inquiries regarding credit, delivery, product information, and other questions as they arise
- Execute monthly and quarterly priorities as related to business activities
- Creating relationships with appropriate account personnel and supplier teams to maintain and improve customer service.
- Supporting the Marketing Team in executing brand development programs and placement of promotional materials
- Rotate and maintain the fresh product as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- 21 years of age or older to comply with federal and state regulations
- Has a passion for beer, superior customer service skills, and the ability to build relationships with customers
- Valid NYS driver's license depending on the territory you are assigned this position requires you to own or have access to a car-90% of all sales routes require a vehicle. There are limited routes where we can overlook you not having a car.
- Some industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Capacity to bend and lift heavy objects on a regular basis
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong comfort level with technology.
- Must be able to obtain solicitors license and maintain
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Ability and willingness to work independently and with a team
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills for this position is a plus, however not required
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the job (accommodations due to disability or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law).
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
Full Medical and Dental, Tuition assistance (subject to terms and conditions), bonuses and incentives, competitive vacation package, 401k Plan, Car Reimbursement, 11 paid holidays, profit-sharing, paid training, an opportunity for growth, and development throughout the company.
Come Join the Union Beer Family—
Union Beer Distributors is representative of the market in which we operate. Energetic, dynamic, diverse, competitive, and growing. We are looking for candidates to develop themselves professionally in this marketplace by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges.
Union Beer Distributors is part of the Sheehan Family Companies -- a family-owned and operated beer distribution network responsible for marketing and selling the highest quality beers across the United States with dominant operations throughout the Northeastern United States. Managed by the same family for the past century, our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationship we have with our customers. We maintain an outstanding lineup of world-class products and even more importantly, a strong team of world-class people.