About The Position
Who we are:
Heritage Distilling Co. is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial craft distillery that provides the highest quality in spirits. Our commitment to this mission has earned us the distinction of being North America’s most awarded craft distillery nine years running. We are a family-managed business with a competitive compensation package and a supportive team environment.
Our Vision: Trusted. Local. Spirits.
Our Mission: We celebrate the HERITAGE of our communities through the power of our award-winning spirits, visually intoxicating experiences and innovative programs, so that our customers become family, everywhere.
Who we want on our team:
We seek a goal driven, motivated self-starter with a proven track record for achieving results. A Sales Professional who can develop a competitive market strategy, identify key opportunities, follow-up, and close deals. The ability to cover a large territory and a willingness to “pound the pavement” and “turn doors” to ensure sales targets are met. We are looking to fill one role in Northern CA and one role in Southern CA.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify key and core on/off premise accounts in territory and regularly visit those accounts in person to sell in product.
- Achieve KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) on a monthly basis by conducting sales presentations, achieving new distribution, and selling displays, etc.
- Actively engage wholesaler personnel i.e. Sales Reps, Merchandising teams, Sales Managers, and Sales Reps each day to help achieve sales objectives.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of customer requirements, competitors, and market territory.
- Strengthen the effectiveness of the distributor sales force by providing in-depth training and education through general sales meetings, ride-withs and crew drives.
- Execute events and sampling programs with key retailers.
- Provide daily and weekly recaps of account calls to ensure proper follow-up and execution.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets.
- Provide exceptional customer service with a service-oriented attitude.
- Regularly update customer, account and product data and information into the Company’s CRM system.
- On occasion, attend trade shows in or out of market, as directed by management.
- On occasion, join with other members of the sales team to perform “market blitzes” in other markets.
- Complete other work/special projects as assigned.
● Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
● 3+ years of relevant sales experience, required.
● Bartending experience, preferred.
● Retail Merchandising experience, preferred.
● Ability to be on feet all day and lift at least 50 lbs. consistently.
● Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and insurance.
● Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
● Must be able to create a schedule and plan and execute that plan.
● Strong leadership and communication skills.
● Flexible schedule and availability.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
● Ability and willingness to learn and use Company CRM software.
● Must be willing to travel 50-75% within territory with occasional overnight travel to corporate or out of market and other locations.