We are looking for an organized, growth-minded Engineer to own the development and maintenance of industry-disrupting technology tools. You will be joining an organization at the ground level with plenty of opportunities for career growth. You will be a key builder of Forum's technical infrastructure while working with cutting edge technology in the realms of AI, ML and Big Data. We are reinventing the systems that will define the future of direct-to-consumer shopping - come make history with us.
Forum Brands is a high-growth, Series-A startup building a technology-enabled platform of leading ecommerce brands. We're taking an innovative approach to brand-building in the direct-to-consumer sector by acquiring the highest quality, independently owned brands currently sold on 3rd party marketplaces (e.g. Amazon.com
) and applying domain expertise, operating infrastructure, and a passion for improving the lives of the everyday consumer.
We're not just thinking differently, we're also hiring differently. We've built a diverse team, with a differentiated set of experience across digital marketplaces, consumer brands, ecommerce technology, and investing. In executing against our strategy to grow brands into category leaders, we lead with the collective power of our people.
Forum is backed by Norwest Venture Partners (a global venture capital and growth equity investment firm), NFX (a leading marketplace and ecommerce venture capital firm), Concrete Rose, and a set of world-class consumer and technology operators.What You'll Do
Specific ownership of initiatives and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage the complete software development process from conception to deployment
- Design, Develop, and Implement scalable and functional microservices that will handle concurrent requests to various different systems
- Create database schemas that represent and support the Live Product Team and Data Science Team
- Introduce new cutting edge technology that will improve our Engineering team processes
- Work in an Agile/MVF mindset
NOTE: This is a remote role through Q2 2021, at which point we expect to transition the team back into company headquarters located in New York, NY.
Nice to have
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience designing and developing web services, and cloud stored applications
- Experience working with micro-service architecture and single page architecture
- Experience working with RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, SQL Server, etc...)
- Experience deploying software solutions using cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience writing unit tests and integration testing
- Experience with Git and version control
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Experience working cross-functionally and/or in matrixed organizations.
Why You Fit At Forum
- Experience with Front-end Frameworks like React, Redux, Apollo Client and CSS3/SCSS/LESS
- Experience with Nodejs and Serverless.com
- Experience with Python
- Experience with PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, AWS Glue
- Data Science, ML, AI experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Tools such as Jira, Asana or Monday
Why You'll Love Forum Brands
- You are an owner. For you, there's no such thing as "it's not my job." You take pride in, and accountability for, results. No problem is too big, too small, or too outside of your scope to jump in and help.
- You are a problem solver. You solve problems from first principles and ask "Why" until you arrive at root causes. You resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking, and seek to solve problems in innovative ways.
- You are a doer. You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You independently identify both issues and opportunities and run towards them.
- You are deeply analytical. You seek out data to validate hypotheses, and are not afraid to change your mind if the data is telling a different story. You're comfortable navigating large datasets and extracting signal from the noise.
- You are a truth seeker. You dig in and seek out objective truth, even it that truth is inconvenient or scary. You ask questions to challenge pre-existing views and push the boundaries on what you believe to be true.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- We are builders. We believe that the only way to get the future that we want is to build it. Building consumer brands that excite and delight customers is our highest calling, and we come to work each day in service of that cause.
- "First Who, Then What." We believe that if you begin with "who," rather than "what," you can more easily adapt to a changing world. We apply immense rigor in making people decisions, and take seriously our responsibility to develop our people, because we know that it is our people that will take us from good to great.
- We are explorers. We are curious by nature and constantly learning. We design experiments and test hypotheses quickly, cheaply, and in all facets of our business.
- We are not perfect. We hold a worldview of humility and recognize that we will make mistakes, but that they will not define us - they are simply data points to inform future decisions.
- You come as you are. You draw inspiration from an environment where the best ideas win, regardless of where they come from. Like us, you celebrate diversity of all kinds. You share our commitment as an equal opportunity employer to building an inclusive Forum where people thrive by being their authentic selves and are empowered to do their best work each day.
- We share the pie. We offer great compensation packages and are always seeking to increase the pie for everyone at the table. We also offer comprehensive benefits.
We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the opportunity to excel. We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and in ecommerce overall. That's why we commit ourselves to hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.Equal Opportunity Employment
Forum Brands, Inc. an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Forum Brands, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
* Forum Brands has a strong commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our team. Under our COVID mitigation protocols and the NYC Workplace Vaccination Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemptions.