About The Position
EMPIRICAL – Market Manager, FLORIDA
EMPIRICAL was founded in Copenhagen in 2017 by Lars Williams and Mark Emil Hermansen, both veterans of the five-time world’s best restaurant Noma in Denmark’s capital. Our mission is to share flavour using spirits as a vehicle to do so. We combine vacuum distillation techniques, fermentation, and unique high-quality ingredients from around the world to create new discoveries through the eyes and palate of a chef. The result of this exploration is an entirely new product that upends the usual classifications applied to the spirits industry. The EMPIRICAL portfolio consists of "free form" spirits & premium canned cocktails (RTDs) & will continue to expand into new food & beverage categories as the pursuit of new flavors continues.
EMPIRICAL is seeking an entrepreneurial minded, dynamic and knowledgeable person to take charge of our sales in Florida with a focus on the Greater Miami area. Working alongside our East Coast Regional Manager, Chief Commercial Officer, and Global Brand Ambassador, you'll be responsible for growing sales and executing local marketing plans in the Greater Miami metro market. While the role is focused on Greater Miami, the role is responsible for the development of business in the rest of state. The Florida Market Manager will be responsible for achieving volume and distribution goals, while increasing visibility of Empirical. The candidate will be the main point of contact for both on/off premise accounts, as well as distributor partners.
● This job is based in Greater Miami.
● Identify, acquire and grow sales in on & off premise accounts within the territory.
● Win new business and drive ROS in all accounts.
● Build annual strategies for key-accounts.
● Create a clear and focused schedule and sales pipeline.
● Drive performance by achieving quarterly & monthly KPIs
● Establish rapport with wholesaler sales reps and management.
● Build and grow strong trade & customer following within bars, restaurants, independent retailers & chain retailers.
● Lead brand presentations and training at distributors and in the trade.
● Perform brand activations at influential accounts and events.
● Conduct brand trainings & customer tastings
● Organize monthly reporting to keep track of business.
● Think outside the box to add big ideas to the business.
● Travel occasionally with in Market and to other markets for brand activation blitzes.
● Help establish Free Form Spirits as a category
● 3+ years experience in alcoholic beverage sales or hospitality industry.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Strong business acumen.
● Established relationships with in ON and OFF premise channels
● Live in the Greater Miami Area
Self starter, entrepreneurial, driven, personable, outgoing, creative and determined, team player
You are Brilliant at:
Relationships, selling, multi-tasking, organization, negotiating, planning and communicating.
Fast paced environments, the world’s best food and drink scenes and being part of a high growth start-up atmosphere.
● Competitive Salary & Bonus
● Generous PTO
● Comprehensive health & dental plans
● Remote & flexible work environment
● 401k contribution Physical Requirements/Other
● Must be able to drive a car & travel via plane/train, lift up to 45lbs
● Frequent travel within assigned area of business