Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Under direct supervision, the AR Clerk performs clerical duties related to processing various accounts receivable and provides general accounting support. The AR Clerk is also responsible for posting, reconciling and keeping the customer A/R records current.
- Reconciles customer accounts receivable on a daily basis.
- Prepares and enters journal entries as necessary in connection with AR.
- Communicates with customers both in writing and orally to follow up and complete accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Researches and maintains customer files as necessary.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 3 years of accounts receivable or accounting experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Skilled in the use of Ten-key adding machine.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Good communication and telephone skills.
- Good problem solving and organization skills.
- Beverage industry experience, liquor industry a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
AFF001 Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.