With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Refrigeration Mechanic is a full-time position responsible for installing, servicing, and repairing refrigeration systems and equipment such as condensing units, compressors, and evaporators. Some duties of the job include connecting refrigeration lines and electrical power sources, handling hazardous refrigerant substances, checking systems and equipment for leaks and making welds on equipment
- $5,000 Sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, Vision & 401K
- Investigates and corrects machine malfunctions by gathering information from the machine operator, viewing the equipment while it is running, and performing repairs using various hand and power tools.
- Replaces and repairs defective machine parts, such as seals, bearings, belts and various machine components.
- Makes welds on equipment by using Stick, TIG, MIG, Braze and Heli Arch Welders.
- Performs preventative maintenance of ammonia refrigeration, HVAC systems and components, glycol systems, and compressors to check or replace worn external and internal parts.
- Completes basic troubleshooting of VFDs and PLCs.
- Assembles and fabricates parts according to blueprints, manufacturer's specification, engineering sketches or verbal instruction.
- Navigates HMIs to diagnose error codes of faults histories of equipment and makes adjustments such as machine timing, synchronization, and parameter changes.
- Performs proper lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Looks up parts inventory and work orders using SAP/ARIBA computer application.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management's assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Provide personal hand tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Required to be 18 years of age or older.
- Required to work any shift.
- Required to comply with company GMP policies.
- Required to work overtime if necessary.
- Required to lift and move up to70 pounds frequently.
- Performs assigned jobs with minimum direction and supervision.
- 3 years of experience and skilled in repair and troubleshooting of HVAC systems or ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Communicates ideas clearly and articulately.
- Required to pass the WorkKeys assessments in Applied Tech (5) and Workplace Observation (3).
- Skilled in welding and fabrication.
- 4years of experience working in a production/manufacturing facility.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- ASME Welding Certification.
- RETA Certification (CARO/CIRO).
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of Industrial Refrigeration Systems.
- Working understanding of a CMMS System.
- Basic PLC and VFD troubleshooting experience.
- Forklift, man lift, scissors lift certified.
- Trained in industrial safety programs.
- Experience using basic Microsoft applications. (e.g. Word, Excel, email).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be physically capable of moderate pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, handling and grasping, twisting/turning, carrying and lifting (up to 70 lbs.), ascending/descending ladders, working in small, confined spaces and areas, wear a respirator.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to the following:
- Exposure to slippery or uneven walking surfaces.
- Exposure to dust, fumes.
- Exposure to loud noise levels.
- Exposure to outside environments.
- Exposure to working at heights of up to 60 feet.
- Exposure to working in confined spaces.
- Exposure to temperatures from 20 to 115 degrees.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Jod ID: LEVEL 5 MECHANIC | A224
OPE001Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.