Job Details Job Location
: TX - , TX Salary Range
: Undisclosed Job Category
: Strategic AccountsCHEERS!
Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits currently seeks a National Chain Director who possesses the below.
National Chain Director is responsible for the execution of national Deutsch Family Wine and Spirit strategies and account management for Walmart and Sams Club. Collaborates with SVP National Accounts, VP Regional Chains and RCMs in penetrating key decision makers to deliver annual account plan. This role owns the account development process through the development and execution of category management and customer marketing initiatives that drive profitable sales and market share growth. Qualifications:
- 5 -10 years experience managing large, national retailers with proven track record
- Beverage alcohol experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Must possess solid knowledge of Category Management with strong analytical skills
- Solid computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent in relationship development
- Highly effective in influencing others
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Travel: Role requires 40-50% travel
- Geography: Strong preference for Bentonville, AR
- Education: Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- Identify and action opportunities to grow DFWS share of the total wine category
- Penetrate Walmart and Sams Club to develop collaborative plans to grow mutual market share faster than the remaining market
- Develop and implement category management strategies and tactics that expands the Deutsch portfolio, improves DFWS programming and impacts shelf position and presence
- Prioritize business development opportunities, identify levers for future growth, and develop a tactical plan to drive volume though:
- Increased distribution, improved promotion effectiveness, eCommerce or other tactics
- Leverage customer marketing programs to secure priority customer vehicles
- Ensure Deutsch brands achieve programming goals including fair share or better of activity
- Develop high-level customer relationships with Walmart and Sams Club
- Ensure alignment of Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits plans with key customer strategies, plans and goals
- Develop and execute customer endearment strategy that advances our relationship and increases our influence
- Ensure appropriate execution tactics are in place to maximize effectiveness of our plans and programs
- Work cross-functionally within Deutsch and externally with our distributor partners to ensure implementation of our national retail strategies
- Influence program development to support off-premise channel sales efforts, and provide direction on retail/channel strategies to the Marketing department
- Work with GMs, RMs and DMs to execute programs within accounts at best in class levels
- Build relationships with key wholesaler stakeholders, both nationally and locally, to leverage relationships and ensure higher visibility of the Deutsch portfolio with our retailers
- Monitor the retail environment and be the expert on trends and developments as it relates to key accounts, future growth, and new selling ideas
- Financial Scope
- Deliver Annual Volume Plan
- Manage account spending to budget assigned on a case rate basis
- Drive improved ROI on investment plans
- Manage travel and entertainment spend within budget and guidelines.
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com