About The Position
The Market Manager is responsible to oversee the successful sale and distribution of products in the St. Killian Spirit Portfolio.
St. Killian Importing is a full-service importer, providing all 50 states with world-class beers, malt and spirits from around the globe. Since 1983, we have been mindfully crafting our portfolio of exceptional ales,lagers and spirits. St. Killian keeps a watchful eye on specialty spirits & beer trends, and are continually looking for opportunities to expand our range with unique and interesting styles of beverages. We partner with each supplier we represent to share their distinctive products – and their unique stories – with beer & spirits enthusiasts across the United States.
St. Killian Importing Co. is a division of the L. Knife & Son Companies. L. Knife & Son was established in Plymouth, MA in 1898. Since then, mergers and acquisitions have led to a network of 20 distributorships in 14 states: one of the largest distributor networks in America.
OBJECTIVE: The Market Manager is responsible to oversee the successful sale and distribution of products in the St. Killian Spirit Portfolio. This individual will act as the primary liaison between St. Killian and its wholesalers in the assigned territory. The Market Manager will focus on forming essential partnerships with industry influencers as well as leveraging their existing relationships, and will be the expert in trade outreach. This role will serve to increase sales, market share, brand awareness amongst trade, drive menu placements, lead staff trainings and feature brands at industry events. This position will be a spokesperson for the portfolio and play a crucial role in elevating the organization as an industry leader.
Territory: CA, WA, AZ, NV, NM.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work directly with wholesaler senior management to create strategic brand building programming
- Monitor wholesaler inventory on a daily basis to ensure wholesale customers have appropriate stock levels
- Based on company volume objectives build and execute annual business plan meetings for wholesalers in assigned territory
- Manage and track volume budget for priority wholesalers to ensure that volume and distribution are being achieved
- Conduct regularly scheduled business reviews with wholesale management team
- Assist in development and implementation of the marketing budget to execute successful volume and distribution programs
- Create and maintain targeted key account calls in assigned territory
- Achieve monthly sales and marketing goals and report back to the Spirits Import Manager
- Assist in pricing analysis and retail price point management of all SKU’s to ensure targeted price points are achieved
- Ensure that all national account programs are executed in defined territory
- Attend and assist in special event execution including off premise samplings and on premise promotions as needed
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations and promote the good will of the company
- Ensure the successful sale, distribution and placement of the portfolio while promoting the image of the brands
- Assist in performance evaluations and interviews for Sales Representatives as necessary
- Complete weekly and periodic reporting as assigned
- Ensure all customers are within credit terms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in sales, marketing and management
- 5 Years with experience with distributor management
- WSET Spirits Level II or the willingness to achieve
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid and clean driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Candidate should resides in CA.
Top of the line benefits include:
- Health Benefits - $0 in-network deductible!
- Excellent retirement program after 90 days of employment
- Competitive pay and bonus structure
- Mileage reimbursement
- Phone allowance
- Vacation & Personal time
- Employer paid STD & LTD
- Trade spending
All candidates considered will have a background check, pre-employment drug screen and a physical.
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.