Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
The Associate Brand Manager will support the Marketing Director in growing the Canyon Bakehouse Brand, playing an essential role in helping reach future growth targets. He/she must have experience in marketing roles and have the ability to craft effective brand strategies and messaging. Ultimately, he/she will gain broad exposure to all functional activities within a brand including Consumer Insights, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance, which will result in strengthened marketing fundamentals and a holistic approach to driving business growth.
Additionally, the Associate Brand Manager must be able to connect and build strong relationships with internal and external partners on a daily basis. Ultimately, the Associate Brand Manager must be able to learn what it takes to be a Brand Manager and interact in a dynamic environment with multiple functions which will equip him/her with the appropriate skills needed to transition to a Brand Manager as a next step on his/her career path.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES:
- Work with the Marketing Director to develop annual marketing plan, including communication and presentation of the plan to senior leaders
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to set Brand strategy and make decisions that will lead to successful execution of said strategy
- Provide input and insight to Marketing Director to establish short- and long-term Brand vision that aligns with Business Unit and Category strategies, determine key growth drivers, and develop consumer-specific objectives to drive profitable growth across category
- Work closely with Marketing Director to oversee day-to-day activities at the Brand level
- Conduct regular business reviews with Marketing Director to align on growth objectives and strategic initiatives
- Lead agency partners in creative campaign ideation, development, execution and reporting, including a regular cadence of agency check-in meetings, and maintaining Brand strategy alignment with the Marketing Director
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and agency partners to effectively leverage media spend, partnerships and sponsorships to maximize brand performance
- Understand end consumers at the deepest level in order to drive strategies that are below the surface and will identify with consumers
- Gather deep consumer insights from Marketing in order to formulate new strategies that will increase market share and Brand equity
- Partner with Product Innovation Managers to ensure that new product launches are successfully executed and fully supported with marketing programs
- Collaborate with cross-functional Sales leaders on Brand execution with customers and distributors and opportunities for new business
- Work closely with Supply Chain to understand capacity constraints, product costs, and opportunities for efficiency
- Align with Revenue Management on pricing strategies by region, product, and customer; gain insight on pricing strategy details and background to help Marketing Director make decisions on pricing guidelines
- Conduct weekly review with Marketing Director to discuss performance and constantly seek out personal growth opportunities in Brand management and cross-functional collaboration
- Support the Marketing Director in the management of the Brand P&L
- Perform other duties which are deemed to be an integral part of the position and support the overall function of the brand
- Bachelor’s degree required (Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or similar discipline strongly preferred)
- Brand marketing experience in Food Industry (with emphasis on social media and digital media) strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in brand management, innovation, marketing, and/or strategy development.
- Previous experience in new product development, innovation, and bringing ideas to market.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong technical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, switching from one project to another as required
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to prioritize, effectively communicate status and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A positive “can do” attitude is a must; Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Team oriented – motivated to work on a “tiny but mighty” collaborative Brand team
- Passion for working for a values-based organization
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with online technology and an interest in blogs, social networks, mobile, and other emerging trends strongly preferred
- Facebook advertising and Google analytics experience preferred
- SEO/SEM knowledge preferred (but not required)
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 11/19/19. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to HR.LSFlowers@flocorp.com
- Reports To Marketing Director