Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication that enables the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Ensures national account compliance where applicable by accurately completing all necessary surveys.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
- Understands the accounts buying patterns by reviewing the company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintains accurate historical account purchase information.
- Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legal).
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Obtains payments for company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff by conducting educational staff training seminars on brands.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies, to include but not limited to TOPS,WSSM,SFA, and Focus marketing.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- An understanding of wine and/or spirits is required with related channel experience preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team.
- Strong accounting skills, and proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.