Beverage Confidential Company
OtherView Full Profile
About The Position
About The Position: AREA SALES MANAGER
The Area Sales Manager is dedicated to brand building and increasing sales, primarily on-premise sales.
The ASM calls on a targeted list of 90 on-premise and 10 off-premise accounts to ensure that X Company is effectively sold and merchandised. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Increasing wholesaler to retailer sales and account to consumer sales.
- Increasing distribution and brand presence of X Brand.
- Securing drink menus. Assisting in cocktail and menu development.
- Conducting product training and education sessions with account staff and consumers.
- Merchandising / installing point-of-sale wherever applicable.
- Selling in, setting up and executing on-premise drink promotions.
- Building strong relationships with on-premise decision makers to achieve the above.
- Increasing wholesaler to retailer sales and retailer to consumer sales of X Brand.
- Increasing distribution and brand presence.
- Selling in and installing floor displays.
- Re-setting store shelves to improve shelf positioning (eye level, merchandised and arranged in right-hand trade-up).
- Merchandising / installing point-of-sale wherever applicable (shelf, windows, counters, outside of store, etc.)
- Securing feature ads.
- Selling in, setting up and executing off-premise consumer sampling events.
Other Brand Activity
- Regularly interact with distributor sales people to enhance brand distribution, presence and sales.
- Work with and nurture relationships with local bartender organizations and trade and restaurant associations.
- Tracking and measurement of established Key Performance Indicators.
- Submission of weekly call reports, accomplishments and competitive brand activity in the market.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experienced in selling distilled spirits, preferably 2 to 3 years, and knowledge of the distilled spirits industry.
- Experience with working and selling through the brand’s distributor, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, in each market.
- Strong selling skills.
- Resourceful and highly motivated.
- Personable. Affable. Capable of developing and nurturing business relationships.
- Effective communication skills.
- Capable of being an expert in the attributes of X Brand.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Excellent presentation skills / ability to retain key product information.
- Organizing, planning and coordinating skills.
- Persuasive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong initiative. A self-starter.
- Results and quality oriented.
- Respects deadlines and commitments.
- Willingness to work late night hours as required.
Similar jobs to check out:
Area Sales Manager - NY
Nature's Best LLC • New York, NY
This is a role held by a highly, self-motivated professional with a proven track record in sales seeking to grow in an entrepreneurial setting. You are required to meet sales targets and help build a new brand in the specialty food trade.
Clonakilty Distillery Limited • Columbia, MD
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our team! Working closely with our distributor RNDC, you will be responsible for the continual growth of Clonakilty Whiskey and Minke Gin in the DC and Maryland Markets and surroundings.
Area Sales Manager - Eastern PA & NJ
Bell's Brewery • Philadelphia, PA
Manages relationships between Brewery and distributors, retailers, and consumers within Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey.