Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Sr. Manager - North America StrategyWhat makes this a great opportunity?
- This individual will be involved in a variety of high-impact, high-profile strategy projects to deliver our growth aspirations
- This individual will have a material impact on the regional growth strategy and planning process
- The team is built and led by former management strategy consultants and is focused on building successful leaders and could be an impactful transition from consulting into a fast-paced corporate environment
- This individual will have the opportunity to work on a broad variety of projects providing exposure to sales, marketing and finance functions, paving the way for future career opportunities
The North American Strategy team is growing to better support our North America Leadership Team to tackle the organization's highest-priority strategic initiatives, identify continued near and long-term growth opportunities, and help shape the corporate agenda. Projects range from assessing emerging growth opportunities to portfolio strategy to long-term strategic planning.
This position will report to the Senior Director, North America Strategy with significant exposure to the North American Leadership Team
Qualifications & Experience
- Lead and shape major strategic initiatives, including: regional growth strategies, business process improvement, and post-merger integration
- Test out hypotheses through analytical rigor, collaborating cross-functionally across the company to ensure inclusion and integrity
- Help drive annual strategic planning and integrated business planning process
- Review sector dynamics and trends
- Identify key portfolio opportunities and risks
- Conduct financial and commercial assessments of various growth options
- Partner with Corporate Development team on due diligence/integration for regional M&A opportunities
- Assess acquisition business cases and support negotiations
- Manage integration projects to fold-in acquired brands into the overall business
- Develop and deliver data-driven insights for delivery to executive teams
- Work effectively in a team environment, both within the Strategy team and with business unit partners/stakeholders throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or demonstrable equivalent preferred but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in management consulting or corporate strategy role
- Exceptional project management skills (must have led client teams, peers, and junior team members through various aspects of strategy projects and owned workstreams in the production of critical project deliverables)
- Strong executive-level presentation skills (storyboarding, development and delivery)
- Superior analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities
- Ability to handle ambiguity and unstructured work situations
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Beam Suntory is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US salaried employees in our offices and commercial field roles as a condition of employment, subject to medical/religious exemptions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.