Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Shipping Operator 2nd shiftWhat makes this a great opportunity?
Opportunity to work for the World's Best Bourbon Company.Role Responsibilities
- Duties consist of transferring and loading unit quantities of case goods, hand stacking case goods, cleaning out trucks, installing air bags, and installing ty-guard bracing in trucks as directed by Supervisors.
- Must be able to operate conventional type forklifts, forklifts equipped with a push-pull attachment for slip sheet operation, order pickers, reach trucks, and the ones equipped with the turn-a-fork attachment.
- Must perform pre-operational checks of the fork lift he/she will be operating at the beginning of each work shift. Must change propane fuel cylinders when needed and must report any safety concerns, mechanical problems, or improper operation of the truck to the supervisor.
- Before entering a trailer, must check the dock locks and dock plate and confirming that the truck is properly secured and chocked before loading.
- Must be able to count and verify merchandise with efficient speed and accuracy.
- Must be able to record accurate batch information, dates and lot numbers on all stock merchandise loaded.
- Responsible for loading correct SKU's, batch dates, brands, sizes, ages, and proofs.
- Must ensure cases are properly stenciled, have the necessary code stickers, are tightly sealed, and all units are stretch-wrapped.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must place slip sheets in trailers.
- Ability to be certified for your department (if applicable)
- Sanitation duties to keep working area clean and organized always.
- Safety is everyone's responsibility; identify risks and report violations, near misses, or injuries immediately.
- Knowledge of GMP's, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Display a teamwork attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and comprehend English with understanding as it relates to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop a rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to be trained and qualified as a forklift operator.
- Must be able to train on and operate RF scanning equipment and use the SAP system effectively.
- Must possess the coordination and visual acuity to drive a forklift.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math functions.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.