At Athletic Greens,
our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health. Some of our core operating principles are: people first, customer focus, no compromises, high performance, ownership and intellectual curiosity. Our mission and principles guide every decision we make in serving our customers. We look for these values within our own team and all candidates we consider.
Our core product, AG1, contains 75 mainly whole-food vitamins, minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, antioxidants and superfoods, in one powdered beverage drink for daily consumption. It provides a broad range of systemic health benefits including gut health, liver, nervous and immune system support, energy, healthy aging, hormone, neural and adaptogen support. And it's for almost anyone - vegan, kosher, halal, non-GMO, keto and paleo friendly.
We are in hyper-growth mode and continue to scale aggressively. That brings a lot of excitement, opportunity and variety - and also challenges. Things change quickly, you'll often be asked to wear multiple hats, and there's often ambiguity in how plans and responsibilities are defined or evolve. If you love working in a fast-paced, growth minded environment with extremely capable, intelligent and interesting co-workers that are changing the world for the better - you won't be disappointed.
We'd love to have you join us in making the world a healthier place - please get in touch!THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative communications leader who is passionate about helping a rapidly-growing health & wellness company effectively tell its story to various audiences spanning financial & consumer media, partners, potential and current employees.
This remote-role (we're a fully remote company since inception) sits on the Marketing team and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, with cross-functional support to the CEO and executive leadership team, the People Ops team and more. The VP Communications will be responsible for financial and consumer media communications, corporate communications (internal, leadership) and for driving the company narrative around strategic topic areas (nutrition science, corporate giving, sustainability). In this role, the VP Communications will be responsible for all internal and external communications at Athletic Greens, providing strategic communications counsel to the executive leadership team, engaging a passionate and quickly growing employee base and shaping & protecting the Athletic Greens brand to help build a generational health and wellness company. This role is equal parts storytelling and community building - the ideal candidate will have exceptional communication, organizational, and collaborative skills.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Establish and build the communications function at Athletic Greens, securing the appropriate resources to grow the function and build the required capabilities and team.
- Aligning with our VP Brand, build the Athletic Greens brand within the financial and consumer media spaces by executing an innovative content strategy that educates and excites media while advancing the Athletic Greens narrative.
- Manage and empower the thought leadership platform for key executive leaders, including our Founder/CEO, both internally and externally. Build capabilities to grow executives' public persona and secure strategic opportunities (podcast bookings, media interviews, speaking opportunities, bylines, social postings, etc).
- Serve as a credible, respected and influential spokesperson for Athletic Greens, using your voice to shape how others see the company.
- Manage external communications apparatus spanning PR agencies, communications advisors and other partners.
- Build fruitful relationships with key media and other influential stakeholders to ensure accurate representation in media coverage and clear communication of our story.
- Work with geographic leads to drive local communications and media approach in key geos (UK, DACH, China, etc) to further the company's reputation & business goals.
- Build the infrastructure to support employee communications and knowledge sharing, developing best practices for sharing company news, updates and wins.
- Working with our People team, develop a content strategy that engages the workforce by telling authentic Athletic Greens employee stories, highlighting the internal culture and promoting Athletic Greens as an employer of choice.
- Own internal communications, working with key stakeholders to keep the Athletic Greens team informed and excited about company news & progress, including assisting with drafting updates from key executives to the organization as a whole, while creating opportunities for the employee voice to shine and influence company-wide decisions.
- Empower a fast-scaling employee base to be ambassadors for Athletic Greens, enabling them to easily and succinctly spread the word about company news and hiring.
- Provide leadership for company events and publications, ensuring execution is crisp & seamless while advancing company objectives.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 10-20 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations or public affairs, culminating in leadership roles that drive the strategy and execution of integrated communications.
- Sharp strategic thinking that analyzes the relationship between our communications and the broader strategic goals of the business, ability to formulate and defend a position in conversation with CEO and executive leadership team.
- Deep experience working with consumer companies and executing financial-focused strategies focused on fundraising or public market audiences. You can clearly build a strategy based on a company's business performance, operations and key strategic advantages to highlight what will drive coverage in the market.
- Executive communications experience and proven track record of bolstering public profile of executives via targeted interviews, speaking opportunities and presentations.
- Experience guiding communications for public companies to support public company requirements (quarterly earnings, analyst outreach, etc).
- Maintains professional, respected relationships with editors of influential publications.
- Experience handling media-led issues and responding with strategies that are favorable and/or protective of brand. Added bonus for crisis communications experience.
- Proven ability to connect with executives and employees alike and earn their trust. Demonstrated history of working with C-level executives to shape and expand their thought leadership platform and advance company objectives through communications.
- Experience steering successful employee engagement communications strategies to keep employees informed and excited about the business, while creating valuable feedback loops for employees to share their experiences.
- Strong executive presence with proven ability to introduce and achieve buy-in for bold ideas, backed by top-notch communications and presentation skills.
- Innate understanding of broader shifts in the political and social landscapes, and how that can affect and shape a company's ability to achieve its internal and external business objectives.
- Self-starter able to learn and operate quickly and effectively in a decentralized organization.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to manage multiple work streams at once.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, written communication, influencing and organizational skills.
- A fully-realized passion for life and people!
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- Top of the market compensation plans across every department within the business.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.