Palm Bay International
OtherView Full Profile
About The Position
Palm Bay International, a dynamic family-owned company, offers one of the nation’s most comprehensive portfolios of imported wines and spirits, including over 50 suppliers from around the globe. Among Palm Bay’s most valued assets is its remarkable network of long-term partnerships with the foremost wholesale companies in all 50 states, as well as the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. With the crucial collaboration of these partners, Palm Bay’s portfolio is able to meet the needs of every level of the industry, from independent restaurants and retail stores, to chain accounts, supermarkets, hotels, airlines, cruise ships, duty-free accounts and U.S. military bases. This impressive roster of brands, accounts and relationships positions Palm Bay as a major source of fine wines and spirits and an industry leader in the U.S. marketplace. For more visit: www.palmbay.com.
Position Overview: The Arizona State Manager is a sales role responsible for overseeing the business planning, development and execution, ensuring the delivery of profitable growth through effective distributor management and market plan execution. This role is the key point of contact for distributor leadership in the assigned area to effectively develop and execute the annual sales plan. The State Manager reports directly to the Regional Director to optimize tactical spend in a way that drives organic and sustainable growth.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions: The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, managing inventory, par levels, pricing, programming, incentives, budgets, travel, bill backs, tracking, running reports, work-with’s, surveys, executing plans/programming, education, spirit dinners/events, tastings, general sales meetings, etc. Candidate will work closely with the Regional Director and team in a collaborative effort to build a profitable and sustainable foundation of business. Work with our wholesale network to manage and grow the Wine and Spirit portfolio in the Arizona.
Planning & Forecasting
- Establish an annual business plan to meet target volume and profit goals for assigned areas.
- Monitor plan to performance and develop contingency and gap closing alternatives as needed.
- Monitor market conditions to proactively mitigate issues and to capitalize on growth opportunities.
Budget & Pricing
- Work with portfolio and finance at distributor to review pricing strategies to ensure optimal ROI on investment spends.
- Ensure pricing structures are in place to optimize Palm Bay International profitability while managing distributor margin and maintaining brand integrity and positioning.
- Monitor spends and adjusts as needed to achieve appropriate profitability.
- Responsible for leading the development and effective management of distributor partners to ensure portfolio growth and profitably.
- Drive distributor performance to plan, proactively identifying gaps and implement corrective action plans as needed.
- Set and develop materials for Distributor Business Review Meetings.
- Drive the development of effective market assessments and convert to effective business plans that drive profitable growth.
- Manages new product introductions to ensure on target shipments and depletions.
- Manage supplier market visits by planning account calls, trade luncheons, and evening events.
- Conduct distributor brand educations in both small and large group settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years or more of distributor or supplier experience
- On and off premise spirit sales experience preferred
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
Palm Bay offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), paid vacation, personal time off and 11 paid company holidays.
Palm Bay International is an equal opportunity employer.
- Reports To Regional Director