Production and Manufacturing
2005-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Fever-Tree, the international leader in fast-moving premium mixers, is adding a Senior Accountant to its New York- based US operations. Launched in 2005 and headquartered in the UK, the award-winning brand now has distribution to over 70 countries worldwide. Fever-Tree has ambitious plans for continued growth across North America and this is an opportunity to join one of the most successful beverage companies in the market.
Supporting a lean and growing Finance team, the Senior Accountant will work closely with US Finance leadership and members of the UK Finance team. The Senior Accountant will be a key operational support in Fever-Tree’s US expansion and we are seeking a self-starter ready to make a direct impact on the period end close process and management reporting. The Senior Accountant will have the chance to expand their skills and learn and support other areas of the business.
Specific Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant Include:
- Playing a major role in day-to-day operations including reviewing general ledger accounts and supporting month-end close activities: preparing and adjusting journal entries, performing account analysis and reconciliation, preparing and analyzing financial statements and reports;
- Maintaining control procedures and related documentations;
- With the support of Finance team, maintaining and analyzing reporting for business operations and budgets;
- Reconciling bank accounts, monitoring cash position, ensuring timely correction of transactions and follow-up as needed;
- Owning T&E processing using Concur, Amex, NetSuite
- Owning AP cycle including: setting up vendor information, inputing invoices, verifying approvals, reviewing for accuracy, processing payments, and calculating monthly accruals;
- Supporting global and local year-end financial statement audits;
- Executing monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables relating to income and expenses (journal entries, reconciliations, reports);
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings;
- Creating new processes to improve financial efficiency and internal controls evaluations;
- Communicating with external partners including tax accountants, auditors, vendors;
- Reporting analysis and findings to Finance and Management teams;
- Special ad-hoc projects as necessary.
Requirements and Skills for the Senior Accountant Role Include:
- A Bachelor's degree of Accounting;
- A strong foundation in accounting principles and controls, with previous training under and reporting relationship to an Assistant Controller, Controller, or the equivalent;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience, mix of Big 4 and industry experience a plus;
- Interest in joining an entrepreneurial, rapidly changing and high-growth CPG organization;
- Extensive experience with general ledger activities, account reconciliations, and the month-end/year end close process;
- Experience with Netsuite or other cloud-based ERP systems;
- Dedicated focus on attention to detail and accuracy in deadline driven environment;
- Excellent customer-service mindset, judgment and creative problem-solving skills;
- Entrepreneurial team player, comfortable working in ambiguity and ready to multitask, self-sufficient;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact the people and the business around them;
- Strong communication and presentation skills.