BFG Marketing, LLC
Promotions and Events and Experiential Marketing Agency
1995-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
We are currently looking for our newest talent to serve as the Head of Field Marketing in the New York City office overseeing the National Program for the Campari Group account, with a focus on the management of all program logistics, execution, and results. Campari Group is a major player in the global spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands that includes Aperol, Appleton Estate, Campari, SKYY, Wild Turkey and Grand Marnier.
Our Head of Field Marketing will implement national marketing programs and complement locally developed plans to build awareness, execute sampling, and drive commercial results. This position requires a deep understanding of the spirits marketplace, competitors, brands and overall industry.
This position is client-facing and will coordinate all internal and external marketing and promotional efforts with Sales, Trade Marketing, and Brand teams.
If you are a resourceful and innovative leader with an ability to work well under pressure while collaborating with cross-functional team members, this is the right job for you.
Essential Job Duties and Skills:
- Ultimate oversight of the Field Marketing programs.
- Ability to build and manage budgets including, but not limited to, on-premise, off-premise and special events.
- Oversee the hiring, management, training and support of a staff of full-time and seasonal field teams.
- Direct management of a team of 10+ full-time managers.
- Serve as liaison for Sales, Trade Marketing and Brand teams (as required).
- Manage high-level learnings, reporting and analytics. Share best practices internally and externally for program development.
- Set short- and long-term marketing objectives and measures for assigned programs and initiatives.
- Set program priorities and allocate resources across all activities.
- Ongoing evaluation of all assigned programs related to focus, performance and reach. Identify areas of opportunity, provide constructive feedback and make recommendations for improvement and growth to your teams.
- Conduct market analysis to understand trends, customers, competitors and prospects’ needs.
- Prepare and present program reports with both quantitative and qualitative results and analysis.
- Communicate all program changes and HQ directives to managers as they develop.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and ensure client expectations are met.
- Identify how to leverage strengths and opportunities for the company.
- Utilize large amounts of data and other types of information from multiple sources to complete an analysis of business and marketing questions/situations to recommend possible courses of action.
- Strong conceptual, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizing and planning skills.
- Effective time management is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High personal motivation and sense of urgency.
- Regular and reliable attendance and strict punctuality.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask and work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Adaptable in fast-paced environments, while remaining proactive and efficient.
- Ability to interact with a diverse consumer audience, clients and agency personnel.
- Present a positive image, embody leadership qualities and promote the agency and client with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Ability to engage, influence, motivate, support and lead your team.
- Budget management and oversight for all assigned programs and initiatives.
- Talent recruitment and development.
- Frequent overnight travel to market(s) to gain insights, provide support and maintain ongoing quality of the overall program is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Follow all agency and client policies and procedures as trained.
- Follow all standard safety requirements and guidelines.
- Ensure program compliance with all company, client-based, state and federal guidelines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all program related expenses including submission of invoices and receipts, personal expense reporting, monthly Visa expense reporting, Visa PO requests and check requests.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to program shifts and policy/procedural changes as required and communicated by the agency.
- Thorough understanding of DISCUS and liquor laws in all 50 states.
Other Job Requirements:
- 8-10 years beverage alcohol experience, representing or working with a major supplier in field marketing.
- College degree or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- Management experience managing a larger (8+) team remotely and day-to-day management of in-office staff.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, manage and maintain a team across multiple markets.
- Previous experience briefing and working with creative teams.
- Previous experience and high proficiency in managing clients, sales, brand and trade marketing teams.
- Frequent travel to market(s) to ensure quality control.
- Ability to learn and use industry-specific software and reporting tools.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license at all times while employed with BFG, proof of insurance may be requested.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Able to lift and carry 30-50 lbs.